Cloud Native Tech Stack Developer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Compensation Range116400 USD - 222200 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Security, Software Development
- Deliver scalable multi cloud solutions.
- Develop simple solutions to address complex problems.
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX specialists, and software & hardware engineers.
- Work closely with Scrum
- Leads, Product owner and global delivery teams to drive and be a key contributor to Project releases and sprint payloads.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other IT teams to implement an integrated digital experience.
- You'll work with business partners as well as your team of data and IT professionals, scrum teams, and other business analysts. You'll get to work with leaders in the industry to shape the future of Cisco's customer and partner lifecycle.
- You will work in the Cisco Commerce Engineering and Solution teams managing feature development for Cisco Commerce.
- You will work with Product Owners for managing backlog and deciding effective delivery methods
- You will be working with Cross Functional teams to build features for end-to-end Commerce processes
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture for building customized solutions to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, code comments.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, peer reviews.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code, participate in technical reviews, peer reviews for the design, code and end-to-end application development of one or more components.
- Communicate and collaborate with project managers, clients and other developers to design cohesive project strategies throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully.
- Interact directly with clients, managers and end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal Salesforce instances.
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related fields 7-10+ years of experience in software development
- Excellent knowledge on Java/J2EE stack, Network modeling, Proficient with Java/ J2EE stack, Microservices architecture, OOPS, Data structures and algorithms, Databases like Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, Object-oriented Programming, Multithreading, frameworks like Spring boot, JPA, JUnit, Mocking Frameworks & Akka is a plus.
- Experience with real time messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience in developing secure, highly scalable distributed platforms and micro services.
- Extensive knowledge of Secure RESTful API design, JSON, Proto-Buf and good understanding of Authentication and Authorization concepts. Strong debugging and performance tuning.
- Evaluate open-source components for potential use in the platform. Experience with Git, CI and deployment tools.
- Proven track record leveraging industry best practices and standards, Agile Methodologies and DevOps.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.