Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
Cloud infrastructure CI/CD Engineer
About the Business
Cisco Cloud Security is a leading provider of network security services, enabling the world to connect to the Internet with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime. We build and operate highly-available, distributed cloud delivered security solutions critical to the success of the next wave of innovation in the security industry.
We are looking for passionate engineers to help us migrate, launch and operate the next generation of the entire Umbrella cloud security platform in an AWS GovCloud-native environment to dramatically expand access to the US government market. Our current focus is on expanding the platform's FedRAMP (Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program) authorization.
Our engineering team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, and technically challenging environment. Members are involved with all stages of the product development process from solving complex engineering problems to working directly with customers.
You have experience building, scaling and operating Continuous integration (CI) and Continuous delivery (CD) solutions in cloud-native environments.
You stay on top of industry best practices and you’ve successfully established relationships with engineering teams based on collaboration, empathy, and the pursuit of excellence.
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2+ years experience designing, implementing and supporting Continuous Integration platforms such as Jenkins, Concourse, drone.io
- Experience with Continuous Delivery (CD) applications such as harness.io, Spinnaker, Flux, Argo
- Experience with containerization and related technologies such as docker, container registries, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS
- Experience creating AWS AMI's using packer
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, Terragrunt, CloudFormation
- Experience analyzing and debugging complex CI/CD pipelines
- Fully proficient in git and version control systems (GitLab, GitHub)
- Experience with scripting languages such as python, groovy, bash, Go
- Practical knowledge of IT Security (encryption, firewalls, secure systems design, vulnerability management, secure software design, credential management, etc.)
- You love working together as a team and have a desire to speak up, share ideas, and help members of the team
- You love introducing teams to new technologies, frameworks, and points of view
Nice to Have
- Experience with open-source container registries such as Harbor, Quay
- Experience with advanced deployment strategies, such as blue/green and canaries
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience building or maintaining infrastructure hardened to meet FedRAMP, SOC2 or ISO27001 compliance
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, monitoring, observability tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of CIS hardening benchmarks and vulnerability scanning
- Familiarity with microservice based architectures
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the design and implementation of a FedRAMP compliant CI/CD environment in AWS GovCloud
- Partner with engineering teams to setup and migrate their deployment pipelines
- Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to avoid duplication of effort
- Collaborate with external software vendors
- Partner with security, application and infrastructure teams to instrument a streamlined life cycle of change from Dev, Test, Stage, and Production environments
- Contribute to a no-blame culture that values learning, transparency, accountability, trust, kindness, and mutual respect.
- Work with Product Management and Legal on privacy impact assessments to ensure the privacy of the platform and update the Cloud Security privacy sheet.
- Assist and ensure engineering teams follow various Cisco- and industry-specific compliance frameworks such as SOC-2, ISO 27001, and FedRAMP / NIST SP 800-53.
- Collaborate with peer groups within the larger security team on Trust & Compliance, Security Operations, Risk Management, Security Engineering, and Education activities.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.