Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location:Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
About the team:
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team at Cisco drives the technology that's transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more meaningfully, their users.
As an infrastructure engineer, you will be a key member of a network engineering VPN team responsible for the design, development, and operation of a highly available global cloud-based VPN service at scale. This is a small team that does big things. We operate in dozens of data centers globally and are constantly expanding to offer greater services and more effectively deliver solutions to our customers.
Who You'll Work With:
This full stack engineering team is a mix of engineers who have come from network, systems, and software engineering roles and experiences.
We work closely with other Cisco Security product engineering teams developing customer facing security services, and with the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering teams building core Internet infrastructure and distributed systems to help deliver the services globally more effectively and efficiently at scale.
The team invests heavily on continual improvement in automation and optimization. Everything needs to scale horizontally and autonomously with stability, resiliency at a high performance with the flexibility to adapt. We take great pride in building and operating one of the most hyper-connected and highly optimized global anycast networks in the world.
Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for growth, scale and reliability of our services. The challenges can be significant, and we own these applications end-to-end; architecture, software development, infrastructure and the operational component. We are embedded on product development teams and operate as one team with other developers. This may mean we are rewriting or refactoring an application in order to automate manual tasks and remove human dependencies.
- Strong experience with Linux configuration and tuning
- Significant experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting low level networking systems
- Expertise specifying, designing, and implementing; traffic routing, health, perf monitoring
- Experience with application delivery platforms for load balancing, caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc.
- Experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
- Experience with applications that span multiple data-centers and/or cloud controllers/environments.
- Strong familiarity with systems engineering, cluster computing and programming theory
- Excellent knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience working with client/server side frameworks and platforms
- Experience with one or more of Python, Bash or GoLang
- Experience with systems configuration management and CI automation
- Experience with service performance, monitoring and load automation
- Experience with systems and application security
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco