Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who You'll Work With:
Cisco IT is going through a major transformation towards software-defined everything. The focus is to manage our datacenter infrastructure as a code and have programmability through well-defined APIs. To support this transformation, we are looking for an expert and hardworking individual who will be part of our Global Infrastructure team running Cisco IT Supply Chain datacenters around the world. You will be responsible to run and operate computing and storage equipment and automate underlying processes using infrastructure as code principles.
You will be working with talented pool of infrastructure engineers, SRE and developers who are here every day to make a difference. The team has a single goal to be best in the industry and help Cisco be the number one IT company in the world. Our team takes pride in working with peers around the globe and supports each other like a family.
What You'll Do:
- Build, configure and handle compute and storage systems around Cisco Supply chain datacenters.
- Automate underlying infrastructure process using infrastructure as code principles
- Lead technical discussions and provide innovation to improve services
- Work with various multi-functional groups to provide solutions to solve issues or implement new technologies which brings value to the team
- Participate in various scrums to develop new capabilities required to lead infrastructure.
- Design, develop, and implement improved business processes or solutions to meet customer expectations.
Who You Are
You have a passion for managing cloud infrastructure and a commitment to automate and digitize every manual process. Good teamwork and ability to have constructive discussions is your natural working style. You’re successful track record of relationship building and the ability to effectively influence peers and management with your superb communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal gives you an edge to create an impact.
You thrive in an agile development process; you’re looking for innovative solutions where you can make a large impact. You’re known as someone who is ambitious, sets high expectations for yourself and delivers results that matter. You enjoy life to the full and are passionate about making a difference in the world through your work, at the office and serving the community around you.
Our minimum requirements are:
- B.E plus 8 years relevant experience of ME plus 5 years’ experience
- Expertise in Redhat Linux and VMWARE .
- Fluent in using infrastructure as code tools like Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Strong operations skills in solving problems infrastructure issues, provisioning new infrastructure and configuration/life-cycle management
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools with experience in agile development methodologies
- Prior experience with Cisco UCS compute infrastructure
- Experience in leading large scale infrastructure with more than 10k compute systems
- Expertise in Python
- Running infrastructure in public cloud like AWS, Azure
- Open stack experience
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to identify issues and craft solutions.
- Detailed understanding of key business functions.
- Experience working in and influencing global multi-functional teams
- Willing to wear several hats, able to deliver high-quality results in an often ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to influence at the leadership level
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and business sense
- Agile and/or waterfall Project management qualifications
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. #GIS #SDx
We are CISCO.