Cloud Infrastructure Compliance Architect
Location:Offsite, Dallas, Texas, US
Area of InterestSecurity
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
Cisco Cloud Security is a leading provider of network security services, enabling the world to connect to the Internet with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime. We build and operate highly-available, distributed cloud delivered security solutions critical to the success of the next wave of innovation in the security industry.
We are seeking a passionate and innovative engineering manager to help us lead, migrate, launch and operate the next generation of the entire Umbrella cloud security platform in an AWS GovCloud-native environment. This charter enables Umbrella to dramatically expand its access to the US government and other public sector market opportunities. Our current focus is on the platform's FedRAMP (Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program) authorization.
Our engineering team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, and technically challenging environment. Members are involved with all stages of the product development process from solving sophisticated engineering problems to working directly with customers.
You have experience building and leading highly motivated and successful engineering teams in the SaaS industry. This shows because your teams consistently excel at building, scaling and managing enterprise solutions in cloud-native environments. You empower and nurture your teams every step of the way, getting hands-on, as needed. You live and breath your own unique brand of engineering leadership principles and are proud of the teams, practices and architectures you've built around them. You've also used these principles to establish long and successful relationships with other engineering teams based on collaboration, empathy, and the pursuit of excellence.
- 3+ years experience in software or infrastructure engineering leadership rolls
- Experience fostering engineering teams via coaching, mentoring, collaborating beyond boundaries, leading without authority and influencing complex technical and organizational changes
- You still code and are willing to be involved in coding. You also have the ability to go deep into technical architecture and design when needed to solve a sophisticated problem.
- You have formed teams, grown individuals within your team, set targets and coached engineers to successful outcomes
- Experience enabling high availability, disaster recovery, monitoring & alerting for cloud-native SaaS applications supporting a global customer base.
- 5+ years applied experience with cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 3+ years experience with infrastructure automation using Terraform and configuration management tools like Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery (CD) applications such as harness.io, Spinnaker, Flux, Argo
- Fully proficient in git and version control systems (GitLab, GitHub)
- Experience supporting a large number of engineering teams with effective collaboration and communication skills
- Practical knowledge of IT Security (encryption, firewalls, secure systems design, vulnerability management, secure software design, credential management, etc.) and security engineering
- You love working together as a team and have a desire to inspire, share ideas, and help members of your team
- You love introducing teams to new technologies, frameworks, and points of view
Nice to Have
- Experience migrating compute workloads between private, public and hybrid clouds.
- Experience building or maintaining infrastructures hardened to meet FedRAMP, SOC2 or ISO27001 compliance.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, monitoring, observability tools, and techniques.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures
- Lead a cloud infrastructure team that designs, builds and operates a highly-secured AWS-native platform - vital to the delivery of a FedRAMP authorized instance of Cisco's Cloud Security offering (30+services).
- Lead and grow a diverse team of 5+ engineers
- Manage a FedRAMP authorized SaaS product. This includes working with SecOps and Trust & Compliance teams to maintain compliance year-round and participating in our annual audit.
- Partner with security, application and infrastructure teams to instrument a streamlined life cycle of change from Dev, Test, Stage, and Production environments
- Lead the transformation of complex and legacy release & devops pipelines
- Facilitate a disciplined approach to ensuring the predictability and quality of deployments
- Support incident responders in analyzing applicable threats, vulnerabilities, controls and residual risks within the FedRAMP boundary
- Define scope and requirements for new services and changes within the FedRAMP boundary and partner with multi-functional teams to achieve certification and remediate audit findings
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Some may think we’re “old” and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.