Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
- Build delightful products that redefine collaboration tools - leveraging real-time voice, video, and messaging
- Contribute to enabling backend functionality leveraged by online funnels, collaboration clients, purchasing flows, entitlement and account management of users and administrators
- Shape our product with new tools, techniques, and frameworks
- Hands-on experience in software design and development
- Innovate with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Embrace test-first, metrics, and experiment-led software development.
- Be empowered to inform product and team direction
- Implement core REST + JSON based APIs
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Collaboration Group is shaping the future of enterprise collaboration. We believe when we work together, we achieve extraordinary things. We are constantly improving collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate anywhere, on any device. The Cisco Collaboration Group delivers collaboration software, devices, infrastructure, and services that enable video collaboration, unified communications, conferencing, and mobility.
We get up every morning with the passion to change communications for the better through the Cisco Collaboration suite of products and services. We build products that make online interactions 10 times more effective than an in-person meeting – seamlessly, intuitively, and insanely great. We are a learning and experimenting culture which inspires, empowers and challenges conventions and assumptions.
Who You Are
Minimum Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Demonstrated experience on a SaaS CI/CD team in an agile environment
- Ability to write clean, modular, reusable code (using design patterns) and experience with unit-test driven approach to development
- Java Spring Boot and Spring MVC experience
- Experience with Node.js, front end development Preferred
- A strong tendency toward solid microservice architecture and design
- Ability to work together on a fast-paced team and translate requirements to code
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL based solution
- Object-oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services using Java
- Strong sense of teamwork, giving and receiving help and feedback
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Curiosity to learn, grow and adapt to changing needs
- Git experience in a team or Open Source setting
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!