Cloud Engineer - QA
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
Cisco's Customer Care team is on a mission to make customer care better for everyone. We are adding intelligence into customer care to better serve consumers, knowledge workers, and those working in customer service. We are connecting companies with their customers across all different types of messaging platforms. Our team is passionate about the web, APIs, automation, natural language understanding, and machine learning. More importantly, we believe all these things are anchored by awesome user experiences.
Who You'll Work With
We are part of the Collaboration Technology Group (CTG), the #1 global leader in collaboration technologies, which provides best-in-class integrated collaboration solutions that redefine the collaboration experience. Our Customer Care Business Unit is an industry leader in Customer Care solutions and is growing its Cloud SaaS engineering teams. As a member of the Customer Care team, you will work in a high performing agile environment with the latest in cloud development technologies and practices, including continuous delivery, continuous integration, test-driven development and PaaS based development. Articulate the next generation of Customer Care SaaS Solutions with us that will fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers and will transform this multi-billion-dollar industry. Come, envision, influence and implement the future of customer care with us.
We are looking for an experienced QA engineer that understands and has implemented full stack web development for customer cloud-based products / solutions. Your job will be to implement our next generation customer communication and collaboration solution that is user experience focused. This will involve collaborating with other engineering teams at Cisco, determining the right technical approach to achieve the system's goals, and contributing to the development of the solution. The ideal candidate will have the drive and desire to solve real problems for customers, the quality perspective to make the right technical decisions, and the entrepreneurial spirit to personally code key components.
Part of a project team of engineers and partners to develop reliable, cost-effective, and high-quality software solutions.
Designs quality assurance and test processes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications, SAAS application.
Analyzes design and determines test scripts, coding, automation, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of the overall architecture of product or solution. Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integrate into software architecture.
Test automation involving automation Feature, Solution, Scale and performance test cases Integrates multi discipline suites, results and metrics into the overall Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) process Interaction with design teams and working towards resolving bugs, ensuring that the product meets the quality and usability expectation.
Contribute to feature sanity/regressions tests. Maintain and execute the automation suite for various releases. Analyze & troubleshoot the automation test results.
Adhere to software testing methodologies and processes to release high-quality software and ensure testability of Functional, Performance, Load, Compatibility, Scale, Long run, observability, serviceability etc..
Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders, provide test progress updates, highlight any risks involved along with mitigation plan.
Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into a cloud platform test service
Who You Are
Minimum Skill and Qualification Requirements for this role are:
• Bachelor's or Master's engineering degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
• Typically, 5+ years of relevant experience in highly available and reliable cloud-based applications.
• Strong in manual testing, good exposure to creating test setup and test environments for cloud-based applications.
• Micro services testing and Experience with Dockers, container orchestration platform such as Kubernetes.
• Understanding of instrumenting code for cloud deployments
• Hands-on knowledge with System performance or data path testing
• Knowledge on cloud concepts – understanding and testing availability, Observability, scalability, fault tolerance etc
• Knowledge of REST, Linux basics
• Ability to learn new technologies. Eager and Quick Learner
• Hands on Knowledge on Kafka monitoring tools and concepts
• Hands on automation of services API (sync/async) Validation
• Knowledge on Microservices based automation tools
• Knowledge on PEN / Vulnerability testing
• Good working exposure on automation frameworks
• Sound Understanding on Functional Programming or skill in scripting languages like Python
• Knowledge on BDD, TDD and Shift Lest concepts
• Automation framework design
• Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
• Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging.
• Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.