Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer -1251824
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for engineers who want to make a lasting impact on our enterprise grade Kubernetes offering, Cisco’s Digital Networking Architecture, also known as Cisco DNA.
What You'll Do
As a Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer you will guide internal customers on how to configure and deploy PaaS infrastructure consisting of identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring, billing and more. You will collaborate with Solution Architects on how to best design their cloud applications for optimal scaling including CDN design, load balancer setup, caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, and more. You will interface with internal customers to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower them. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
In this role, you are the Platform Engineer working with Critical internal Platform Consumers. Together with the team, you will support successful implementation of Application PaaS in the Cloud through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of many internal teams to connect with customers and partners.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- You have experience maintaining production-grade applications in virtualized environments (cloud computing platforms and services). Experience handling internal or external-facing engineering, solving technical issues and working with engineering, Operations and services teams and customers.
- You have experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
- You have experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor and solve complex Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
At Cisco, each person brings their unrival talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.