Cloud Authorization Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who You'll Work With
The Cloud Authorization Engineer role supports complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You will support multiple projects with internal customers and will be a critical component of ushering documentation deliverables through an entire project lifecycle. This includes self-management skills to maintain project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project partners.
Your projects may span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it will be your job to communicate clearly on the progress of project documentation deliverables and meeting ATO deadlines. You will have multiple ATO’s that you will be working with and coordinating on across the Cisco organization and should be able to task between, and understand each authorization boundary.
In this role, you are responsible for ensuring each ATO that the Cisco Global Certification Team (GCT) is aligned with relevant US Federal Government security requirements (e.g. FISMA, FedRAMP, DoD, etc.). You will work closely with engineering, security, compliance, internal audit, and the project management office as well as other partners, such as accrediting agencies and customers to analyze, define, and verify present and future compliance solutions and acceptance in the marketplace. You will work with US Government accreditation bodies and partners to understand compliance requirements mapping these requirements to each ATO’s current and future suite of offerings in an effort to determine fit and assess our compliance readiness. You will perform, on an ongoing basis, quality reviews, rewrites, and editing of a wide-range of IT security domain related documentation, and assist in developing and maintaining Cisco cloud security guidelines, standards, and policies.
What You'll Do
- You will work with multiple partners (internal and external) across product lines to coordinate with teams around each FISMA/FedRAMP/DoD authorization.
- You will provide feedback for reports that track planning, scheduling, issues, risks, and overall status.
- You will assist with technical issues or advise on control requirements as needs arise.
- You will translate complex concepts and solutions into multiple types of documents (requirements, compliance, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), test results, etc.).
- You will implement and maintain Cisco cloud tooling in ITAM and support framework adaptation.
Who You Are
You will be a key player in all authorization documentation standards and Cisco-wide implementations and support of those standards for cloud offerings.
Consulting with the Cisco GCT, you should have a deep understanding of the FedRAMP and DoD cloud authorization processes, as well as the NIST and FISMA domains, and should have a basic competency within each of these areas.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.