Client Director, Enterprise Northeast
Location:New York, NY, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, we are passionate about our employer and the brand we represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting Leadership opportunity within our Enterprise Organization! In this Client Director role, you will be responsible for $85M+ in global revenue and will entail partnering with Cisco Services to formulate and drive an all-encompassing focus across the full solution life-cycle. You will have direct responsibility for the product and services strategy and execution and will report to the Americas Global Enterprise Segment VP.
Who You’ll Work With
As the Client Director, you will be expected to strategically drive Cisco’s end-to-end vision for our customers, as well as maintain an in-depth understanding of competitive conditions, industry practices, market opportunities, and customer requirements. You will be able to work closely and collaboratively with Cisco’s most senior executives within Channels, Services, Technology Business Units, and Cisco’s Executive Sales team! You will be expected to motivate, encourage, and continually develop their team while managing channel conflict and taking on new competitors as Cisco continues to gain market share and grow its revenue base and profitability.
Who You Are
As the ideal candidate, you will have a reputation and track record of success as an exemplary sales leader. To succeed, you will have the engaging personality to inspire and create excitement with our sales team, as well as across the entire organization and in the marketplace. You will also be strategic and innovative with an external awareness to understand the nuances of selling complex solutions as Cisco expands its market. Utilizing a consultative style, s/he is experienced in teaching and developing their teams to identify and define client needs and develop innovative solutions.
You must be able to balance both short term goals with a longer term vision for how they will evolve their sales organization to continue to grow and deliver the Cisco value proposition over the next several years. As the Client Director, you should have innovative tools for creating a learning organization within the field organization and have proven teaming skills with peers to continue to evolve the best operating practices at Cisco. You must possess the highest level of integrity, and be able to inspire trust and confidence in both our employees and our customers.
- Focus on profitable revenue generation in product, software and services.
- Expanding Cisco presence driving relevance to customer's key business objectives
- Building and maintaining executive level relationships at customer and Cisco – this includes developing strong relationships with BU and help guide future development investments.
- Creating Value for client account
- Determining the optimal coverage model
- Lead the selling strategy creating short and long term plans based on research and a deep understanding of business and technology trends
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- 7+ years senior management experience, ideal candidate should possess both sales leadership and cross functional/general management experience
- 9+ years in management roles selling solutions to senior executives
- Demonstrated track record managing significant revenue responsibility and or profit/loss center and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
- Business Development and strategy experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally.
- Proven ability to work closely with engineering development organization to drive timely delivery of feature and functionality for their customer requirements.
- Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
- Strong executive presence, polished, and politically savvy.
- Strong leadership skills in coaching and developing a sales organization
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade -- using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco.