Cleared Data Center Engineer
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
What You'll Do
Cisco's Government, Trust & Technology Services (GTTS) organization is recruiting an experienced cleared IT Engineer. In this position, you work in a number of secure environments to build, deploy, and support mission essential systems. Successful candidate will build and support secure computing environments that will be used operationally to support internal clients and Cisco customers.
These environments contain various networking devices (Cisco), operating systems (Windows/Linux), Virtualization (VMWare), web, email and database services, as well as dedicated desktop and thin client technology. You will be responsible for securing systems in compliance with NISPOM and ICD guidelines, assist in the creation and manage of System Security Plans (SSP), Plan of Action and Milestone (PO&AM) documentation, as well as assisting with the accreditation process of the systems.
Who You'll Work With
The GTTS organization is responsible for protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information and computing assets associated with Cisco’s US Government and Trust service delivery, while enabling business productivity. Our organization strives to exemplify operational excellence, defend and protect Cisco, and provide an easily understood operating structure and enhanced customer service to our partners, clients and customers.
We are a dynamic team of IT, security and network experts that deliver and operate secure IT solutions and capabilities spanning various technical domains across the full-service lifecycle.
As Cisco and its government customers transition to new business models and evolve into multi-cloud and hybrid environments, this team is uniquely positioned to drive the security, compliance and service capabilities for Cisco’s US government business.
Who You Are
- US Citizenship required due to US Government contractual requirements – No Green Card holders
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with full-scope polygraph
- US Government support experience in a technical role developing or launching new security services, technologies, and capabilities.
- With a broad background in IT networking, system administration, and software development, along with in-depth expertise in multiple security domains, you bring experience and understanding of development, deployment and operational environments including private/public/hybrid AWS cloud models. You have the ability to apply security best practices in these environments to prevent, detect and mitigate security events.
- Applied knowledge of Agile Methodologies, DevOps and tradition development methodologies with relevant experience in all phases of the Project Life Cycle.
- Proficient in configuring, deploying and auditing systems within cloud, hybrid and on-prem computing environments
- Skilled in working with operating systems in Linux and Windows, with the ability to detect, isolate, document, report, resolve system outages and activate system recovery as needed
- Strong desire to learn and work in a multi-technology, multi-discipline environment
- Skilled in system patching and vulnerability remediation
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- DoD 8570 Industry Certification in one or more of the following: CISSP, CASP, Security+, CISA, GSEC, CAP, SCNA, SCNP, SSCP, GSLC, GSE, CCNA
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
*LI-PRIORITY AND *LI-KM1