Cisco Services, Technology Practice Director - Software Defined Infrastructure
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Digital transformation is driving new opportunities for businesses worldwide. Cisco are pioneers in the Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) domain that underpins the rapid shifts in IT. Cisco continues to innovate, using cross-technology programmability to create SDI based solutions that achieve agility, speed, efficiency and economies of scale for our customers.
The Cisco Services Technology Practice specializes in creating solutions to solve complex business problems across industries. We develop and execute multi-dimensional IT strategies that consider architecture, network, cloud, security, organizational and the financial aspects of moving to a software defined infrastructure model.
We have an entrepreneurial spirit with a consistent track record of leading high-impact technology consulting engagements, complex issue resolution and developing senior customer relationships.
What You'll Do
As a Practice Leader, you are able to connect this rapidly changing technology environment with the executive agenda of our clients by applying her/his strong business insights. As a technologist, you will be across Cisco's solutions as well as the market trends and competitive offerings. You will develop and deliver lifecycle professional services.
You will lead a team of technology consultants, architects and engineers that advise customers in the planning, delivery and operation of transformational SDI based technologies.
From a strategy and portfolio perspective you will:
- Work with Sales to help define the customer strategy and influence customer decision-making
- Interlock with our Engineering teams to help advise on the development direction of products
- Engage with the Product Management teams on Services portfolio evolution
- Continue to build the SDI Practice capabilities
Who You'll Work With
This is a key customer facing role. You will lead your team of experts in the field, but will also leverage a matrix organization of Sales, Engineering and other Customer Experience Service teams. This role is primarily focused on the delivery of services within Asia Pacific, but we are a global team and you will need to work with counterparts across the regions.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter, able to structure, prioritize and get results in the midst of constant change. You are comfortable in managing complex client dynamics and are capable of aligning your team around a common set of objectives resulting in an ability to deliver superior results.
You have a mix of Consulting and Enterprise Architecture skills and can explain IT macro trends and business implications at executive level. You understand the stages an organization goes through during transformation - vision, strategy, migration (discovery, planning, and execution), and operations.
Our Leadership Requirements are as follows:
- You gained 10+ years IT experience, 5+ years consulting experience. 3+ years in a management role.
- You have a previous experience at an executive level within a medium to large sized IT organization.
- High Proficiency in oral and written communications, with an ability to effectively persuade others (customers, peers, senior management, etc.) using data-driven insights, emotional intelligence, confidence, and interpersonal awareness.
- Can link technological change to business and economic impact.
- Able to hold a technical discussion at an executive level while being able to pivot into deeper technical conversations at an engineering level.
- Experience in strategizing and delivering transformational projects / programs.
- Experience in growing a professional services practice.
Our Technical Capability Requirements are as follows:
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Networking - routing, switching, routing protocols, MPLS, VPNs, etc. Experience with Service Provider Networks is desirable.
- Experience in Software Defined Networking (SDN) development (including Openstack Neutron and OpenvSwitch, Openflow, networking virtualization, and KVM/Linux networking).
- Experience with Cisco and 3rd party physical and virtual infrastructure, Cloud, and Virtual Network Functions (VNFs), including a range of tools and technologies including Cisco Network Service Orchestrator, Ansible, OpenStack, Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), assurance and performance, Workflow Management and UI/Portal systems.
- Deep understanding of SaaS architectures.
- Expertise in SOA, web services, virtualization and cloud concepts.
- ITIL, IT4IT, TOGAF or Scrum (Master or Product Owner, etc.) certification (any)
- Recognized speaker, author/publisher of white papers or patents
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.