Cisco Project Manager - Intern (part-time) - Lisbon
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Part-time internship (24-32h/week), flexible working hours.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
So if your desire to work in leading-edge technology is matched by your drive to make a difference then the Project Management Internship is the right challenge for you.
What you will do:
In this role you’ll be part of an actively growing Proactive Services (PS) team. The Cisco Advanced Services organization helps customers optimize their network investment and speed adoption and migration of advanced technologies. A key component of the PS portfolio is our Project Management capability and expertise. You’d be supporting Project Management team in their daily tasks as well as take part in hands-on training on projects assisted by an experienced Cisco Project Manager.
Day to day that means:
• assistance in successful completion of customer projects led by Project Managers.
• ensuring the accuracy of project data in internal tools and systems.
• active participation in Team’s life and ensuring effective communication between team members.
• assisting project managers in performing project administration activities.
What we can offer you:
• Opportunity to shadow technology professionals and understand a broad range of Cisco Technologies
• Understanding of core Project Management knowledge areas
• Interaction with Cisco employees and clients all over the world
• 6-month paid internship
What you will need to be eligible:
• Currently in 2nd or last year studies pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Technical field (being a student for the duration of the internship is a must)
• You are able to live and work in Portugal with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco
• You are fluent in English (fluency in German, French, Italian or Spanish is a definite plus)
• You are able to work part time (24-32h/week) as of March 2023, with the possibility to join us for permanent, graduate role as of beginning of September 2023.
What skills you will need to succeed:
• You have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to details
• You produce quality work under pressure with immediate deadlines
• You are able to adjust in rapidly changing environment
• You have written, verbal communication skills, with the ability to present to large groups with confidence
Are you ready to change the World?
Make your mark on the businesses of the future and apply now
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.