Cisco Project Manager - Graduate - Portugal. Start Date: March 2023
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Job TypeEarly in Career
Program Start Date: March 2023
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
So if your desire to work in leading-edge technology is matched by your drive to make a difference then the Associate Project Manager (aPM) role is the right challenge for you.
What you will do as Associate Project Manager:
In this role you’ll be part of an actively growing Customer Experience (CX) team. Cisco CX organization helps customers optimize their network investment and speed adoption and migration of advanced technologies. A key component of the CX portfolio is our Project Management capability and expertise. While your career will be developing some travel may be required. You’d be provided with training in your first months, followed by hands-on training on projects assisted by an experienced Cisco Project Manager.
For Associate Project Manager, day to day that means:
- Successful completion of customer projects ensuring that the project objectives, customer acceptance criteria and internal performance metrics are achieved.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and regulatory requirements such as H&S, compliance with contractual obligations, ISO certification requirements and Cisco policies and processes at all times.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders, subcontractor partners and project team members and ensuring the accuracy of project data in internal tools and systems.
- Assisting program managers or senior project managers in performing project administration activities.
What we can offer you:
- Understanding of core Project Management knowledge areas according to PMI with focus on the triple constraint:: time-scope/quality-cost.
- Opportunity to shadow technology professionals and understand a broad range of Cisco Technologies
- Opportunity to earn Cisco and Industry Certifications (CCNA, CAPM)
- Interaction with Cisco employees and clients all over the world
- A competitive salary and generous benefits
- Being part of a diverse and international team composed by people with different backgrounds and areas of expertise
- Dedicate part of your time to lead/be part of Cisco’s internal initiatives where you can deliver results by applying your creativity and motivation to make the difference.
What you will need to be eligible for aPM role:
- You have minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Financial Management or ICT field; you are graduating in 2023 or have already graduated in 2021-2022; equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree
- You are fluent in English (fluency in German, French, Portuguese, Italian or Spanish would be an asset)
- Project management (ex. CAPM, PMP, PRINCE2) and/or ITIL certification is a great plus
- You are able to begin full time employment in March 2023
What skills you will need to succeed:
- You have strong organizational and leadership skills
- You have interest in technology and understand technical issues, and can leverage technical expertise of others
- You produce quality work under pressure with immediate deadlines
- You are able to adjust in rapidly changing environment and to prioritize your activities/set the right expectations with your internal and external stakeholders.
- You have written, verbal communication skills, with the ability to present to large groups with confidence
Are you ready to change the World?
Make your mark on the businesses of the future and apply now!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.