Cisco NSO Technical Lead
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
The Business Entity
Cisco Managed Services (CMS) organization seeks a customer support engineer to join a team of extremely hardworking engineers supporting strategic accounts. This is a superb opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in technology. The successful candidate will have a track record and desire to excel at both technical issue resolution and customer management.
What will you do?
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the production environment and lead the daily operations.
- Participate in Change Advisory Board Review Meetings with customer.
- Ownership of root cause analysis process and ensure remediation of major issues.
- Ability to provide assistance in a support capacity with problem and incident resolution and assume major incident and problem ownership and accountability
- Recreate Customer Issues for Technical Troubleshooting in the Operate Lab
- Drive issues related to firmware and bug with BU team.
- A solid understanding of the ITIL framework and its application in a production environment.
- Solve & resolve the incidents and problem tickets within SLA/SLO.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of existing and new technologies and be able to tie the design and implementation of infrastructure to the managed components.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills (the ability to think logically through a problem) and must have the initiative, perseverance and commitment to see problems through to resolution.
- Working closely with the Engineering team to understand the product and project requirements.
- Performs Sophisticated Level Troubleshooting, Analysis and Diagnosis of Sophisticated Issues
- Drive continuous improvement and process change suggestion to management
- Provide phone/email consultation to independently debug sophisticated network problems
- Provide systems/product training to peers within the CMS Operate Practice team.
- Take ownership and accountability expectations in managing cases and customer situations.
Who you’ll work with?
As part of the Cisco CMS organization, you will be part of a dynamic, fast paced and supportive team that will build you up as you manage the technical support for some of Cisco's biggest customers. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside many of Cisco's Technical and Sophisticated Service organizations and will receive unique insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as an engineer focused on some of Cisco’s key customers.
Who you are?
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, multi-functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment.
- You are expected to be a great teammate and to work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills. Ability to influence and drive consensus among internal and external teams.
- Network Automation/Orchestration skillsets in frameworks and toolsets, including Cisco Network Service Orchestrator (NSO) or Tail-f NCS.
- Preferred to have Network Programmability skillsets in Software Defined Networking (SDN), REST APIs, NETCONF, YANG, JSON, and XML.
- Good to have programming experience in Python, Java and Exposure to Micro services architecture.
- Experience on Linux Operating System with administration and scripting skills.
- Knowledge on Cisco Data Center Compute platforms like UCS Blade & Rack Servers, UCS Fabric Interconnect, UCS Manager, Cisco ACI.
- Good idea on Cisco Data Center LAN platforms Cisco Nexus 9K, 7K, 6K, 5K, 2K,1K & SAN platforms MDS 9K.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing (i.e. Openstack, VMWare and AWS), Data Center, Virtualization, Storage and Networking solutions is desirable.
- Broad understanding and/or experience with L2-L3 networking, data center, and security technology, sufficient enough to understand customer solutions, topologies, and interactions with higher networking layers.
- Experience with Data Center L4/L7 services like firewalls and load balancers.
- Candidate must have an advanced knowledge of troubleshooting complex Data Center /Enterprise network problems in technologies including routing, switching, security & load-balancing.
- Good understanding of Incident & Change Management process and documentations as per standards like MOP, RCA etc.
Education & Experience:
- BS/MS qualified (favorable - IT, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering).
- Preferred CCNA/CCNP/CCIE.
- 4-10 years of experience in a Network Operations Center or Technical Assistance Center.
- Good technical experience to include Orchestration, Data Center, Cloud & Virtualization technologies.
- Ability to work with internal and external executive level customers with confidence while providing an exceptional experience.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.