Cisco Meraki - Director of Product Management - Data Science and Analytics
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As Director of Product Management for Data Science and Analytics, you will partner with our central Data Science team and our product teams to empower our customers with new data powered products that simplify complex enterprise IT workflows.
You will leverage the industry’s largest cloud managed networking platform and dataset to build features using data science and machine learning methods. Your team will focus on providing the organization with access to product analytics that enable teams to make better data informed decisions.
Your mission will be to lead Meraki to decode the wealth of data points which pass through our system in order to make better product development decisions and imbue intelligence across the Meraki platform.
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. You will team up with forward-thinking data engineers, data scientists, data analysts and delighted customers to help ensure that we have the best user experience and the most intelligent cloud platform in the industry. You will work closely with the executive team to build a successful strategy, and collaborate with our distinguished sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure market-adoption and rapid growth. You will collaborate with all of our product teams across the company (wireless access points, network security appliances, intelligent video cameras and more).
You will have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing connected hardware companies in the world, reach a global customer base, and work on groundbreaking cloud managed hardware.
Every day is truly unlike the one before. Your appetite for approaching problems with creative solutions, candid passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki product leader.
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to define the strategy for data powered features across the Meraki platform
- Define the strategy for product analytics to establish a deep understanding of engagement and customer behavior
- Champion product insights to guide data informed decisions and product development across teams
- Develop an investment strategy on problems that should and should not be solved using machine learning methods and data infrastructure investments
- Work closely with our data science, data engineering, and analytics teams to continue to simplify our outstanding user experience
- Team up with our growing sales teams and partners to solve customer problems
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in a Product Management role
- 5+ years of people management experience building, leading and mentoring impactful teams
- Technical background working on products with an Al/ML component
- Deep expertise in product analytics (measurement, conversion funnels, customer retention)
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation for iterative product development
- Have worked cross-functionally on large projects with multiple engineering teams
- A real dedication for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging ground-breaking technologies
- A strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about top customer problems
- You are able to easily communicate complicated concepts simply to multiple audiences
- You have a driven, can-do demeanor with an intuitive understanding of product quality
- You love solving technical problems in innovative ways
- BA/BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related degree
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.