Cloud Security Engineer - Web Security
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
Provide technical support for Cloud Security (Web Security) to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
Work on challenging network problems which require excellent technical, analytical, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
Utilize moderate to complex laboratory setups to recreate and solve problems.
Collaborate across the board with colleagues locally and entire global support team.
Attend ongoing technical training and work on assigned projects that will improve and further develop the success of the technology.
Cisco's Customer Experience is the focal point for resolution of customer technical issues. We are a worldwide organization of 1000+ highly skilled engineers that craft and make a positive impact on the customer experience.
Within today's highly connected and increasingly social world of complex and sophisticated threats, Cisco is addressing these risks by offering elite security protection. You will be challenged, learn and be energized as you resolve complex technical issues in this ever-evolving landscape. Make an impact by joining the Cloud Security support team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's (or Master of Science) or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of practical experience in configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting networks
- Knowledge and understanding of networking: TCP/IP, network proxies, HTTP/HTTPS protocols
- Experience with Linux / FreeBSD
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to establish and maintain confidence and take ownership of issues
- Active listening skills, and ability to think creatively, and innovate
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Prior experience in designing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco Security Products, for example WSA / SMA, firewalls, IPS/IDS or similar systems
- Experience in managing / deploying network security (ACLs, whitelisting/blacklisting)
- Experience with VMware and Hyper-V
- Knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of some of programming or scripting language (Python knowledge)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco