Cisco CISO Senior Advisor - FED
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
As a leader in the cloud, data, and mobile solutions, security is more important than ever before. It’s also our customers' number one concern. Through the Internet of Things (IOT), we connect billions of devices around the globe and that means delivering complex security solutions for today's connected world. We're driving game-changing technologies that ensure the online world is safe from cyber threats – building responsive solutions that deliver powerful, intelligent cybersecurity.
We are building a team of former CISOs and information security leaders that represent the CISO perspective inside and outside of Cisco (the “CISO Senior Advisor”). Each CISO Senior Advisor will be aligned to a region (e.g. Americas, EMEAR, APJC), an industry or vertical (e.g. Financial Services) and will also be aligned to a set of 5-6 large, strategic focus accounts (CGEM or Enterprise).
This Director level role will be aligned to the Americas Region and within the 5 – 6 large strategic accounts the Senior CISO Advisor will be expected to:
- act as council and engage with these customers with the primary interface at the C-level (CIO, CISO or Chief Risk Officer or equivalent).
- Focus externally on activities including speaking engagements, blogging, white papers, industry working groups, conferences, guest lectures and other public activities.
- provide strategic discussions as widely as possible at our core customers – engage customers in a business led discussion at the C level that will support clients in their transformation programmes. They will be able to understand not just the technical issues but other related topics such as governance, compliance and Board level engagement.
- A tertiary part of the role will be to help provide senior CISO-perspective to Cisco product lifecycle and cybersecurity strategy influencing direction and roadmap at the C-level.
Who you’ll work with
Given the breadth of the responsibilities of today’s CISO, there are several broad categories for the CISO Senior Advisors’ engagement within the broader Cisco security organization:
- Key customer engagement
- Assigned to 5-6 key accounts and recognized as a trusted partner
- Help resolve Cisco related issues (both operational and strategic)
- Be a strong and effective advocate for the customer
- Identify areas for improvement on both Cisco and client related issues
- Identify opportunities for additional Cisco product placement
- Point out complementary cybersecurity solutions
- Supporting the Cisco security team in cross BU solution development for clients
- Provide “C” level interface for the sales team, participate in presales calls specific to accounts being covered. Leverage current relationships for deeper customer interface
- Point out ways to better utilize current security spend and migrate to integrated Cisco solutions
- Work with customer on digital transformation to promote risk based approach
- Thought Leadership
- Support the marketing team with collateral on the Cisco security narrative as well as on emerging threats and risks
- Participate at key conferences and meetings
- Working other key business partners create:
- Conference and forum presentations
- Along with other key Cisco stakeholders create cybersecurity:
- Vertical market viewpoints
- Annual predictions
Who you areThe successful candidate will be an accomplished, driven senior business leader who an experienced information security professional with at least fifteen years’ experience working in various industry sectors. You will be regularly sought after to address regulatory concerns, developing and implementing strategies that streamline processes, drive security awareness, and build confidence in customers and/or regulatory agencies. Desirable qualifications include IISP (M.Inst.ISP), CISM and CISSP certification.
The following experience is essential:
- to capture requirements and formulate solutions;
- Good understanding of Assurance Practices and Risk Management, with hands on experience;
- Detailed understanding of, and experience in, IT Security and Information Security;
- Detailed understanding of, and experience in, Security Management;
- Ability to investigate aspects of IT systems and compare them to relevant security standards;
- Ability to identify solutions to resolve security gaps in systems and designs;
- Experience in producing security documentation such as a Security Policy and other ISMS components;
- High-level knowledge of security audit and accreditation processes
- Appreciation of trends in IT security
This is a role which requires some mobility and domestic travel is to be expected, with international travel possible.
In addition, we are looking for an individual that possesses strong interpersonal skills promoting customer confidence in the security function and in Cisco. The individual must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills at the C-Level, influencing the customer to achieve a desirable outcome. Comes across open, clear and assertive, although able to build effective long-term relationships.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we focus on your individual strengths to create best teams. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.