Chief of Staff, Security Business Group
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Chief of Staff to GM/SVP Security Business Group (G13/14)
Join the exciting, dynamic, and high growth Cisco Secure Business Group. This role will stretch you to new challenges, expose you to amazing work, and provide a great opportunity for deeper business focused opportunities. Work with amazing people who have a strong common sense of purpose and are dedicated to the team’s success!
What You’ll Do
The Chief of Staff to Cisco’s GM of the Security Business Group is a key member of the organization’s leadership team working hand in hand with the General Manager and the Chief Operating Officer to help shape, guide and execute Cisco’s Security strategy. The Chief of Staff will work daily with the GM and COO to align on and drive key priorities for the business. They will be an extension of this team to engage with the Security Business Group’s Extended Senior Leadership Team and be the primary interface with Chief of Staff functions of the Security & Collaboration org and the Corporate leadership functions. Specific duties include:
- Be a “Right hand” to the General Manager
- Work closely with the extended SLT and the security transformation office to ensure the GM’s top 10 priorities are being communicated, embraced, and executed.
- Manage and deliverer special projects for the GM.
- Drive the Senior Leadership Team’s cultural rituals that are the foundation of a high performing team.
- Assist in the formulation and execution of the Security Business’s annual plan and long range strategy.
- Own the Senior Staff and Extended Staff meeting agendas as part of the operating model managed by the COO.
- Work closely with Executive Comms to ensure effective engagement of the GM across the Cisco Secure Business Group.
Who You Are
It is critical that you have strong knowledge of the security industry. You should understand the major players, the big trends and the large opportunities within the broad security market category. You need to have successfully held roles in areas such as product management, product marketing, strategy, or business development demonstrating a track record of understanding of product and growth strategies. This role is more than just a project driver. It is a potential rotation from which the person can enter one of the business units as a key leader helping drive a specific business within security
You are high-energy, highly motivated, organized and persistent. You excel at developing trusted relationships and can influence broadly (up, down, across) in order to reach the best possible outcome for Cisco. You can apply structure to ambiguity and help drive toward measurable outcomes and results. You have the courage to voice an alternative point of view when in a room of senior executives. You have high raw-intellect, are both strategic and practical, are able to sift through large amounts of data to get to “a-ha” moments, and present data in an impactful way to leadership.
- BS/BA required, MBA/advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in management, leadership, and/or strategic planning.
- 10+ years in the information security market
- Must have a strong grasp of corporate, strategy, planning and decision-making processes.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in Product Management, Product Marketing, or strategy.
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels within an organization, including C-suite/ EVP/SVP level.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.