Channel Sales Specialist IoT Japan - IoT Route to Market (RTM)
Location:Tokyo, Kanto, Japan
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Does selling IoT excite you? Are you an experienced sales professional wanting to be part of an industry leading solution sales team at the world’s top IoT technology provider? Do you want to join one of the fastest growing Architectures at Cisco? As an IoT Sales Specialist, you will play a pivotal role within the IoT sales team, building IoT practices and sales pipeline through various routes-to-market for our innovative IoT portfolio (Industrial Networking, Security and Cloud). This is a Partner-focused role that involves setting executive preference for Cisco’s IoT portfolio, building and scaling practices aligned to partners’ unique business models, building holistic go-to-market strategies for accelerating sales pipeline and driving incremental revenue through partner-led sales. Cisco’s Partner ecosystem is the envy of the industry, you will play a critical role in shaping the future of our partners and clients.
Who You'll Work With
You, as an IoT RTM Sales Specialist, will lead the sales motion by working collaboratively with Cisco’s partner organization within your region, Cisco’s end-customer account teams and partner marketing to grow IoT sales revenue. You will also work with Cisco’s product management, industry solutions teams and others to drive strategy and deliver results.
Who You Are
Do you love a challenge and seek to be at the forefront of driving technology innovation globally? Are you a problem solver, a creator, a leader, a maker? Does connecting everything - from things to systems to people – for the betterment of the planet excite you? Are you a quota carrying overachiever who consistently delivers against your forecast and goals? Is helping a partner land a new customer and closing the big deal what you wake up for every day? Do you want to be part of an amazing, high-energy, rapidly growing business at Cisco?
If the questions above get you excited and you have a deep sales or channel background with strong product positioning and exceptional channel management expertise, and a positive, hard-working attitude, then the Cisco IoT RTM Sales team is where you belong!
- You have a strong background leading large, complex, technology sales and/or involved in building and scaling partner practices, requiring C-level executive support.
- You have carried a quota and consistently met / exceeded your forecast.
- You are comfortable speaking in front of large audiences (100+) which will include a mix of technologists, leaders with a point of view, and industry professionals.
- You have experience in selling networking, wireless, cloud, analytics, and security. Experience of selling through channel partners.
- Experience in working in an overlay sales role or are open to it.
- You have cross industry experience - in particular in some of the following: Public Sector, Education, Utilities, Transportation, Manufacturing, Energy/ Oil & Gas, Smart Cities, and/ or Healthcare expertise.
- You are efficient selling remotely or in-person and traveling up to 50% of the time.
- Sales Specialist(preferably IoT) who has worked for 5+ years selling complex solutions (hardware or platforms).
- Direct sales/account management experience at Cisco, or one of our partners or competitors.
- Strong working knowledge of the industrial networking and cyber security.
- You have worked at both start-ups and large enterprise organizations.
- You like to challenge your Partner to think differently about their customers’ “jobs to get done” and set clear objectives of how to deliver value propositions to meet customer’s business needs.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. Do you have tattoos? It’s totally cool to show off your ink! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are dreamers and we are doers. Be you, be with us! #WeAreCisco