Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You’ll Do
All CMS team members are encouraged to add value in the following areas:
- Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
- Follow and participate in the improvement of established team processes
- Identify and enforce to cost reduction measures
- Accountable for following established team processes
- Understand ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change & Problem Management)
- Collaborate with peers and multi-functional teams
- Maintaining knowledge required to perform role effectively
- Participate in regular synch ups
- Actively share / develop innovation and automations for continued improvement
Specific to the role of Change Manager, responsibilities may include:
- Engage directly with senior engineers and service delivery managers to deploy in their customer environments
- Ensure all team members follow process in the testing and deployment of patches, upgrades, and new hardware and software
- Balance the schedule of activities in the environment to ensure no conflicts between release teams.
- Reviews the technical details of changes planned, providing a first-line defense against improper change activities
- Makes recommendations around continual service improvements related to change management activities
- Motivates changes to process and procedures to speed deployment while protecting the customer environment
- Ensures that resources conduct the four phases of the upgrade across our window (pre-checks, upgrade, post-checks, remediation). Resources will also conduct pre- & post-checks as part of the change validation engineering efforts
Who You’ll Work With
The Cisco Managed Services team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid solutions and cloud enabled end point products on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams along with collaborating with other TAC engineers to problem seek.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter who requires little oversight to achieve your goals and meet your objectives. You work well with others and are truly a standout colleague. Protecting customer environments is in your DNA. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are able to see the big picture even when analyzing multiple complex factors. You have a good understanding of the fundamentals of Change Management.
- AA/BA in a technical discipline plus 5-10 years of experience in a Network Operations Centre or Technical Assistance Centre
- Exposure to Cisco security products either directly or via prior Change Management roles
- 5-8 years’ experience in a Change Management role while acting as a liaison with external/internal customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload while managing customer commitments
- You have Strong written/verbal communications skillset
- Good interpersonal and partnership skills
- You can work independently with minimal supervision
- Any exposure to or experience with the following product and technology skills is a plus but not essential to the job as Change Manager:
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Knowledge on Cisco Product family - Routers, Switches, etc.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with excellent personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with a point of view, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.