CX - Network Consulting Engineer
Location:Seoul, Seoul-Teukbyeolsi, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
The Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Customer Experience Routing/Switching and Next generation Software-defined Networking technologies (SDA, SD-WAN, DNA-C, etc) Solutions Services to Cisco's Customers in the Korea Market. Responsible for the delivery of Planning, Design, Implementation & Optimization Services to Cisco's major accounts. Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Customer Experience CEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. CE’s work closely with the Product Account Team and their strategy for account growth-both product and services; provide insight to the customer’s buying strategy and initiatives.
Customer Experience CEs align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. Engineers will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers, support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies along with configure devices and troubleshoot errors.
In addition to an CEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other CEs will be required. CEs lead the responsibility for driving regional Customer Experience projects and customer based project initiatives. CEs will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. CEs solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies, showing the value of our services at all times being proactive and involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements.
- Provide operational support for complex, Enterprise network deployments. Identify & document design/architecture best practices for Cisco Services adoption.
- Participate in or lead complex network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
- Provide consultative, proactive and/or reactive support for Cisco Business Critical Services
- Assist in development of business and technical requirement
- Assist in the development of high-level and low-level design activities
- Assist in the development of network implementation planning
- Assist in configuration and connectivity activities, including test planning and cutover activities
- Recommends and initiates projects to benefit customers and CX wide objectives.
- Accountable to highest levels of senior management to ensure project commitments and Services deliverables are met.
Who You'll Work With
Other Cisco Consulting Engineers, Project Managers and Local CX Delivery team to provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer requirements while improving profitability for Korea Customer Experience (CX) delivery teams.
The CX delivery Team is a team of engineering leaders who focus on providing leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s latest technologies and products. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. You will be expected to continuously enhance your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution
Who You Are
- You have BS or equivalent plus 5-15 years of relevant industry experience.
- You have demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams.
- You have experience in planning, designing & implementing SDx (SDA, SDWAN).
- You have a strong understanding of Campus networking (L2/L3), Software Defined Networking.
- You have in-depth knowledge of baseline system engineering skills and a good knowledge in WAN, MPLS, WLAN and IPv6.
- You have a good understanding of key technologies and protocols in data networks within the LAN, WAN, Data Center and related security technologies.
- You have experience with designing and optimizing complex network solutions.
- You have experience how to develop a network from pure manual operation to automate high frequent tasks.
- You know network management, network availability, and capacity management.
- CCIE R&S or DC have comparable skills/experience.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of all IP protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
- Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
- A self-driven individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!