CX Cloud Test Automation Leader
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who we are
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, and the CX Engineering & Product Incubation (CX E&PI) group is transforming how Cisco delivers value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The CX Cloud Test Automation team is charged with delivering best-in-class automation and QA framework for the CX E&PI group. In this time of unprecedented change, we are looking for top talent to lead business critical capabilities that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
What You’ll Do
This role is core to CX Portfolio Engineering vision and strategy to be the Digital Gateway & Experience to all Customer Aspirations. The CX Cloud Operations Test Automation team aims to support CX E&PI’s efforts to identify risks early and deliver quality code predictably and efficiently. As the team lead, you will guide the test strategy and control the testing process and frameworks from end-to-end.
You will work across CX E&PI and the broader Customer Experience (CX) group to lead CX Cloud Operation’s test automation framework. You will be seen and recognized as a thought AND practice leader, who not only recognizes and builds on our organizational strengths, but also brings new perspective and ideas in to the team.
Who You'll Work With
Residing in the CX Cloud Operations team, this role will work with closely with the CX Cloud SRE and development teams. Seamless collaboration with the CX E&PI’s development teams will be imperative to this role, meaning that organizational boundaries and break down of silos to drive business alignment and cohesion in our approaches and practices. Every day and every interaction will be unique, but you will likely engage with a diverse representation of engineering managers from CX Cloud Platform, Applications, Operations, Security, and SRE teams.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead and grow a diverse, inclusive team of software engineers and managers that builds quality system test automation framework and testing infrastructure
- new testing and automation frameworks using internal and open source tools & infrastructure
- Build, execute and maintain automation, test strategy and QA process and success metrics including: quality assurance, defect densities and open defect counts
- Provide daily hands-on tactical leadership to a team that will implement best practices; including a variety of different testing protocols, tools and metrics
- Work on engineering and technical initiatives for release & publishing such as automation, enhancements and building new tools
- Actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement & learning
- 8+ years leading and building Automation, QA Engineer or SDET teams
- 5+ years of experience with managing or leading a test team in the development and review of SDLC work products and deliverables
- You develop leaders through coaching, who attract top talent and empower their teams to drive decisions and do their best work
- You have outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- You have deep understanding of CI/CD and how QA/automation process fits into the model
- You are a continuous learner who constantly absorbs new information and adapts to changing environments
- Certifications as a [role specific certs] or equivalent experience
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.