CX Business Development Manager
Location:Seoul, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestService Provider
What You'll Do
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a critical role in assuring Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) business offers are correctly aligned with customer needs, fulfill their requirements, and favorably impact Cisco’s financial performance.
The BDM engages and assists in the development of basic to highly complex deals which require customized elements of the Services Portfolio to create effective solutions.
To execute this role, the BDM partners with Cisco Sales (e.g., AMs; RMs; SEs; PSS; Specialist Sellers) and Cisco Services experts (Solution Architect, Project Managers, Product Managers etc.) to develop business deals which are designed for successful delivery of the scope agreed and are financially attractive and supportable by Cisco.
The BDM activities include:
- Conducting a comprehensive Customer Requirement Workshop to document the Requirements / Use Cases to deliver Design, Build, Implementation, Acceptance & support Operations
- Creating the right services design (Aligning Customer’s value realization to outcomes Cisco will deliver, lifecycle services & deliverables need to achieve the outcomes), execution plan (project plan with milestones, tasks and a supporting resource plan), thereby coming up with the cost and pricing.
- Analyze/ construct complex Sales proposals (technical & commercial), creating support documents and collateral needed (business case / Value Realization) to effectively close business deals. This will also include understanding the cash flows, any financial impacts of price & discounting etc. on revenue allocation and revenue recognition challenges etc.
The BDM orchestrates the delivery of required support elements to build the proposal from all internal & partner organizations and personnel outside of the Cisco Services Theater.
This position reports directly to the Leader, CX Business Development. At the professional level, the BDM is expected to work with minimum supervision.
Role & Responsibilities
- Scope is program and/or project-oriented and focuses primarily on deals of high to very high complexity which can potentially include the entire portfolio of Cisco services, including Professional Services (PS), Support Services (SS), Cloud & Managed Services (CMS) and other Cisco services offerings.
- Actions directly impact the timely booking of attractive business deals.
- Responsible for the development of offers which align deliverables and outcomes to the customer realization of appropriate value. Contributions result in maximizing Cisco’s revenue and margin performance.
- The BDM works with customers and partners to capture requirements for project based solution rollouts and translate these requirements into a Statement of Work (SOW) outlining roles and responsibilities of the parties as well as project based deliverables.
- The BDM also works with and direct CX Centre teams with regard to internal processes, Statement of Work (SOW) drafting, effort and margin analysis, legal reviews, deal-desk reviews, and delivery planning. Including effectively running remote back office teams as virtual support teams on deals.
- BDM role addresses either assigned qualified deal projects / programs, or opportunity development (including working with customer to position offers / use cases / advisory capabilities of CX, creating technical specifications that customer can take as RFP specs) for the designated market / customer segment. Individual expertise may be leveraged in other complex sales opportunities across Cisco.
- Applies extensive knowledge & technical / practitioner expertise of Cisco (or competitors) horizontal, or cross-architectural solutions, to develop effective and competitive offers that result in booked business.
- Leverages multiple services offerings and/or service offer elements to optimize the value delivered and Cisco’s financial performance.
- Creates delivery cohesion by integrating selected service offer elements from Cisco’s multiple services organizations.
- Drive knowledge management regarding best practices (knowledge on how to sell and approach complex solutions) on given topics for internal and external use.
- Ensure continuous upgrade of subject matter expertise and actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team(s) and/or Solution Team(s).
- Provides guidance as a Cisco Services SME to less senior BDMs in the development of new business offers and deal support.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the internal Cisco Services organizations to develop Services Solutions expertise.
- Provides frequent customer-facing Services and solutions expertise in creating, documenting, and validating the offer detailed requirements.
- Articulates the value of Cisco services to the customer by aligning Services’ skills, efforts, and deliverables associated with qualified sales opportunities.
- Services brand ambassador who proactively engages with customer, understands their business plans, technology adoption plan and highlights how to make the adoption successful by bringing in the right service offerings at an opportune moment thereby building a brand of the trusted advisor.
- Strong technologist who can map the business needs to technology architecture and can peer with the customer CTO, Engineering & operations team leaders.
- Validates the value proposition with Sales, Services teams, and the customer during the offer construction. Frequently assists in direct customer communication on validating and refining their requirements and expectations.
Supervision Given & Received
- Provides direction to and coordinates efforts of services support resources in creating effective elements of the deal negotiation package and required business documentation.
- Provides direction and guidance to more junior SVAs or BDMs in deal development and support projects or programs.
- Manages deal development and support projects/ programs as assigned by the BD Team leader or Senior BDM
Who You Are
- BS degree or equivalent, in Business, IT, or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- 10-15 years in Technical Sales/Pre-sales related position with extensive (3+ years) technical operation/key account management experience in Services Provider segment. Should have worked as a Solution Architect in the career in Service Provider leading a complex project delivery. The technology focus is IP and Optical Transport networks (Core, Aggregate, Access, IP RAN, CEN, long haul etc.) and Automation, Assurance & Analytics (SDN, Fault, Performance).
- Combination of broad experience in SP technology & consulting with a focus on deep technology expertise on Service Provider technologies. Industry certifications CCIE-SP or equivalent, eTOM / ITIL / TOGAF etc.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrix type organizational environment, High-energy self-starter with progressive track record.
- Possess extensive skills in: problem solving, negotiating, business writing, customer relationship management, conflict resolution, effective presentation, and active listening.
- Financial Acumen – Experienced in finance and P&L process and standards. Highly capable in applying customer ROI/ financial value analyses to deal negotiations.
- High impact interpersonal and communication skills at both operations and executive level. Ability to influence without owning processes or organizations directly.
- Strong analytical capability, able to convince key stake holders regarding solution constructs with sensible justification based among other things, on customer business understanding, competitive landscape and benchmarking.
- SME on evaluating and applying Services Capabilities (direct and/or through Partners) to fully align to customer opportunities and expectations.