CX Business Development Manager | Networking
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
In this critical role, you will be part of the America's Service Management Team. The team is a crucial sales support enabler for Cisco's Advanced Services. The Business Development Manager is an integral part of the sales process, acting a business generator, and managing sales opportunities across the lead to order phase working with key partners from Sales and Services Delivery. Collaborating with key partners (e.g. DAT, Deal Estimating Support, and Sales / BDM) during the Propose and Agree phases of the Sales Process, with the goal of gathering all data needed to draft and refine initial estimates. The Networking BDM is responsible for the support and delivery of Networking solutioning, scoping and presenting to sales. Crafting service engagements to develop mature statements of work and engage customers to identify business and technical requirements.
- Gather customer requirements and review findings
- Identify information gaps (customer and project details) to prepare estimate
- Serve as technical liaison, coordinating with partners to gather technical data and requirements
- Document assumptions and finalize scope
- Collaborate with Sales, Delivery and DAT Estimating Support to produce and refine initial estimates
- Facilitate with the appropriate SMEs to scope multi arch or sophisticated deals
- Lead prioritization for SOW development of deals to be delivered by Partners / Third Parties
- Develop and present services solution proposal and strategy to sales
Who You'll Work With
The successful candidate will be a core member of the America's Service Management Team and contribute to the continuous improvement of results and talent assessment of capacity, proficiency needs, and career progression. The Business Developer will drive a multi-functional governance process and ensure that the team works closely with Business Development, Sales and the Customer Relationship Teams to successfully implement business process.
This role will work closely with the Advanced Services Business Development and Transformation Office teams to drive the strategy and planning for global proposal management working towards delivery of significant increases in AS win rate, proposal quality, and customer experience scores.
Who You Are
You are great teammate with a track record of success in multi organization orchestration of business processes. You have prior experience using web driven pricing, forecasting and approval process tools and if not familiar with such tools, then the willingness and flair to ramp up quickly will be required. You have confirmed leadership and partnership skills with the ability to work cross functionally while being able to handle conflicting pressures and priorities.
Be an authority in Cisco Networking technologies and have knowledge of the following Cisco Networking technologies: SAN, SD-WAN, DNA, SD-Access, and other Networking technologies.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Science
- 5 Years of Professional Experience
- Experience in Professional Services, Services Delivery or Business Operations
- Sales Support Experience is a plus
- MBA/Master is a plus
- Experience as a Network Consulting Engineer is a plus
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience, CCIE a plus
- Broad technical knowledge of the Networking and the three infrastructure pillars: SAN, Network and Server
- Broad knowledge of Cisco’s architectures and Solutions
- Ability to translate customer business objectives into scoping requirements
- Multi-functional collaboration
- Strong business communication
- Technical proficiency across architectures of focus
- Proficiency with Financial Force and current equivalent tools; scoping, estimating and pricing tools
- Understand who and when to bring in the appropriate SMEs for multi arch or complex deals
- Have the capacity to see and articulate a vision that inspires change
- Exceptional integrity, outstanding communication skills and good interpersonal skills are essential traits
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco