CX Business Development Manager, Enterprise
Location:Seoul, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
The Business Development Manager is a critical role in assuring Cisco’s Customer Experience business offers are correctly aligned with customer needs, fulfill their requirements, and favorably impact Cisco’s financial performance.
The BDM engages and owns the development of basic to more complex deals which require customized elements of the Services Portfolio to create effective solutions.
To execute this role, the BDM partners with Cisco Sales Agents (e.g., AMs; RMs; SEs; PSS; Unified Sellers) and Cisco Services experts (Engineers, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Commercial Finance, Legal, Revenue Assurance, Global Procurement Organization etc. ) to develop business deals which are designed for customer success (ensuring value realization), are financially attractive and supportable by Cisco.
The BDM activities include building the right services solution & building technical proposal, analyzing/ constructing complex Sales proposals and creating support documents and collateral needed to effectively close business deals.
The successful BDM establishes extensive working knowledge and capability in crafting business offers which both satisfy customer expectations and requirements while proving Cisco with financially attractive deals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to drive deals of moderate to high complexity which can potentially include the entire Lifecycle services of CX, including Professional Services (PS), Support Services (SS), Cloud & Managed Services (CMS) and other Cisco services offerings. However, the primary responsibility will be Professional Services portfolio.
- Actions directly impact the timely booking of attractive business deals, aligned with sales plan.
- Responsible for the development and support of Enterprise Networking / Data Centre Networking sales offers of Cisco (Transaction & Subscription offers) which align deliverables and outcomes to the customer realization of appropriate value. Contributions result in maximizing Cisco’s booking, revenue, and margin performance.
- The BDM works with customers, partners and sales to define the technical success of the engagement, capturing requirements for project-based solution rollouts and translate these requirements into a Statement of Work (SOW) outlining roles and responsibilities of the parties as well as project based deliverables.
- The BDM also works with and direct virtual BDM teams with regard to internal processes, Statement of Work (SOW) drafting, effort and margin analysis, legal reviews, deal-desk reviews, and delivery planning.
- Applies extensive knowledge of Cisco horizontal, or cross-architectural, solutions to develop effective and competitive offers that result in booked business.
- Leverages multiple services offerings and/or service offer elements to optimize the value delivered and Cisco’s financial performance.
- Creates delivery cohesion by integrating selected service offer elements from Cisco’s multiple services organizations.
- Drive knowledge management regarding best practices (knowledge on how to sell and approach complex solutions) on given topics for internal and external use.
- Ensure continuous upgrade of subject matter expertise and actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team(s) and/or Solution Team(s).
- Continually gather service requirements and submit findings to Cisco Services Marketing and LOBs to drive product and service portfolio development.
- Provides guidance as a Cisco Services SME to less senior BDMs in the development of new business offers and deal support.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the internal Cisco Services organizations to develop Services Solutions expertise.
- Provides frequent customer-facing Services and solutions expertise in creating, documenting, and validating the offer detailed requirements.
- Articulates the value of Cisco services to the customer by aligning Services’ skills, efforts, and deliverables associated with qualified sales opportunities.
- Services brand ambassador who proactively engages with customer, understands their business plans, technology adoption plan, operational priorities and highlights how to make the adoption successful by bringing in the right service offerings at an opportune moment thereby building a brand of the trusted advisor.
- Strong technologist who can map the business needs to technology architecture and can peer with the customer CTO, Engineering & operations team leaders.
- Validates the value proposition with Sales, Services teams, and the customer during the offer construction. Frequently assists in direct customer communication on validating and refining their requirements and expectations.
Supervision given and received:
- Provides direction to and coordinates efforts of services support resources in creating effective elements of the deal negotiation package and required business documentation.
- Provides direction and guidance to more junior BDMs in deal development and support projects or programs.
- Manages deal development and support projects/ programs as assigned by the BD Team leader or Senior BDM.
Who You'll Work With
This position reports directly to the Theater Leader of CX Business Development Team.
At the professional level, the BDM is expected to work independently or at the direction of a senior BDM. The BDM develops and executes deliverables in collaboration with Sales, Services team leaders/ members within the Theater Services organization and with support for other Cisco services resource teams and external partner organizations.
Who You Are
- BS degree or equivalent, in Business, IT, or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- 12 to 15 years in Business Development/ Technical Pre-sales related position with extensive (3+ years) technical operation/key account management experience enterprise customers.
- Expert in consultative/solution selling and professional services. This is mandatory.
- Demonstrated work experience in solutioning large & complex, multi-architecture deals by virtue of deep technology expertise in networking & network security (Campus, Access, Data Centre).
- Creating Statement of work and optimized effort estimations leveraging internal and partner delivery capabilities, use of automation processes.
- Creating Operations Transformation solutions through consultative engagement (using industry practices like ITIL) leading to sales of high value subscription services.
- Experience in building the right KPI for Operations Transformation.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrix organizational environment.
- High-energy, self-starter with progressive track record (references of complex, multi-architecture deals, recognition by sales on being a performer, consistent track record of achieving and exceeding targets).
- High sense of ownership & be problem solver on assignment given – willing to go extra mile when needed to make things done.
- High impact interpersonal and communication skills at both operations and executive level. Ability to influence without owning processes or organizations directly.
- Strong analytical capability, able to convince key stake holders regarding solution constructs with sensible justification based among other things on customer business understanding.
- Good experience in Strategic Business Planning, Sales Operations, Finance, Deals Evaluations, project management, and process management areas.
- Ability to employ negotiation skills both internally and externally with customers and partners to obtain agreement regarding service solution scopes and pricing.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the application of the Cisco Services Portfolio in creating effective customer offers in to complex deal constructs.
- SME on evaluating and applying Cisco Services Capabilities (direct and/or through Partners) to fully align to customer opportunities and expectations.
- Ability to define, price, and justify outcomes-based solutions.
- Experienced in IT operations processes (e.g., ITIL) and how IT processes, practices, and capabilities are leveraged in solution development, deployment, and management.
- Advanced knowledge of the various tools and deal creation/booking processes.
- Financial Acumen – Experienced / trained in finance practices associated to selling, P&L process and standards. Highly capable in applying customer ROI/ financial value analyses to deal negotiations.