CSE - Public Sector, Chicago
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry? With the acquisition of Meraki, Cisco formed the Cloud Networking Group and created the fastest growing group within the company. Quickly becoming known as the most successful acquisition in Cisco’s history, the Cloud Networking Group is crushing it’s sales targets and continuing to win new logos in the commercial and enterprise markets.
We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated, technically savvy and passionate to join Cisco’s Cloud Networking Group (CNG) as our next Consulting Sales Engineer. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to team up with a rock star Product Sales Specialist and perform technical pre-sales activities for new and existing opportunities. This position is based in your home office with frequent travel to regional Cisco offices and customer sites. Utilizing your in-depth knowledge of CNG’s networking solutions and our competitors' offerings, you will clearly demonstrate the advantages to both prospects and partners. We highly leverage our pre-sales engineers, which means you have the opportunity to make great money while contributing to the success of the entire organization. This territory will include Mid Market accounts in Chicago.
- Act as the technical subject matter expert, thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all enterprise level customers
- Understand customer requirements for wireless networks and explain how Cisco Meraki will integrate with current infrastructure, as well as service future needs
- Create product documentation for customers and perform competitive analysis regarding competing products
- Perform site surveys and provide onsite deployment assistance on large deployments
- Provide technical guidance to channel partners and assist them in effectively selling the Cisco Meraki solution
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have field pre-sales experience; ASE / CSAP grads preferred
- Expert knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Solid understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Proven track record of 5-10 years in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and proven negotiation techniques
- Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience and presentation skills.
- CCIE, CWNP, CWDP, CCNA preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to travel 50+%
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline required