CSAP EIC, System Engineering Leader
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll be primarily responsible for leading, performance managing, coaching, and mentoring, a group of early-in-career individuals through the first year of their careers in Cisco, participating in the Cisco Sales Associates (CSAP) program. This program is a rigorous, year-long onboarding program that combines classroom training -Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and on-the-job experience (OJE). The goal is to get the Associate Systems Engineers (ASEs) ready for Field and virtual engineering roles. It is a multifaceted program in Cisco’s Early-In-Career (EIC) initiatives and is recognized globally in the company and in the IT industry as one of the top programs of its kind.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Global Virtual Engineering (GVE) organization which has a team of global EIC leaders dedicated to developing the ASEs and partnering with the CSAP organization. GVE uses virtual technology to grow revenue and form relationships with customers and partners. The team delivers high quality pre-sales technical services for our Cisco Partners and Customers, around the world, covering Cisco's solutions and architectures.
You will partner with the CSAP team to help recruit and interview talent, consult on classroom content. This partnership will also define technical development activities and OJE activities.
You will collaborate with Field stakeholders in addition to internal stakeholders like Global Virtual Sales & Engineering to place associates in OJE rotations and ultimately into their next role within Cisco.
Who You Are
You are internally motivated to have an impact on the business and those around you.
· Proactively develops and maintains a team of Associate Systems Engineers, helps them meet Cisco Sales Associate Program (CSAP) goals and continually seeks innovative methods for improving team performance.
· Provides leadership, mentoring, technical and business guidance to Associate Systems Engineers.
· Drives business impact through technology and resource planning / allocation.
· Manage critical stakeholder relations to ensure the field absorption of our graduates and to secure investment
· Monitor and measure team progress against business plan, CSAP program goals and recommend changes as needed.
· Actively involved in all aspects of recruiting ASEs to Cisco, starting from participating in University Career fairs to identify candidates, to hiring and on boarding them as they start their career in Cisco
· Work with CSAP team on continuous monitoring and improvement of the CSAP program objectives, in recruiting, VLE, OJE, and on-boarding of ASEs into new roles.
· Uses Cisco technology to stay virtually connected with team members, customers, and peers, using collaboration tools and processes.
· Collaborates with Senior SE Manager to prioritize and target team activities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends.
· Lead cross-functional projects within area of responsibility.
· Interact with Global Virtual Engineering leadership provide support for broader GVE and GVSE business
· You possess a Bachelor or Masters degree in a discipline of STEM -Engineering, Computer Science, or Physical Sciences etc.
· You have 5+ Years of experience as a field Systems Engineer in Cisco or another technology company is highly preferred.
· You've got strong knowledge of Cisco’s technology architectures and solutions
· CCNP or above Cisco certifications is preferred.
· You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
· You have 5+ years field and customer/partner facing experience
· You are experienced in leading, or have experience with early-in-career programs.
· You have a proud track record of mentoring of early-in-career individuals.
· You possess programmability skills: code-level knowledge and/or experience with software-related aspects of Cisco’s portfolio.
· You are a motivator for young engineers.
· You are open to feedback for improving skills as a manager and leader.
· You have the ability to work effectively in a global team and contribute as a team member.
· You've got demonstrated technical knowledge and proven consultative skills.
· You have strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
· You can translate technology vision, strategy, and goals into a compelling value proposition for the team.
· You have 3+ Years of leadership/management experience, preferably as a Systems Engineering Manager Leader in Cisco.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.