CPXE - Software Engineer Analytics
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
CPXE - Software Engineer Analytics
Who You Are
· Both your teammates and stakeholders consider you a humble, collaborative, highly technical developer. As a result, you have a winning record of developing and delivering analytics and perform a variety of tasks related to cleaning and exploring new datasets
- To do this the Engineer should have required technical skills, deep knowledge of the required area and ability to learn and adapt to the needs of program. With this in mind, an understanding of the right skills, process understanding, and mindset is vital.
- We are seeking high energy and experienced applicants who possess the following skills and experience:
- At minimum, we expect you to have a BTech/ equivalent degree.
- Overall 6 to 10 years experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience on AWS and python development role
- Have worked on setting up and maintaining data warehouse on cloud
- You should also have good knowledge on Software support model and ITIL.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Critical thinking and big picture understanding of how built the data ETL setup and maintained to enable scaling, security and resiliency
- You should have good Interpersonal Communication Skills and you are willing to work with remote teams
- You are ambitious and hardworking individual who enjoys hard problems and have the thirst for learning new technology
- You should be –
- Flexible and adaptable: Ability to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Accountabie: You are a results-oriented teammate who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes complete ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and project initiatives.
- Efficient and Creative: You should be able to think creatively to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Always ready to learn new technology, tools and process
What you’ll do:
- We need a visionary who strives to innovate in the world of offerings and solutions.
- You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams, work with latest technologies e.g. AWS and use industry standard.
- You’ll have to craft many insightful solutions and you’ll have the opportunity to be visible, interact with senior management, increase your knowledge and make an impact.
- Strong in analytics, Role involves dealing with transformation of data into information that enables insights for decision making.
- Technically you should be able to get things done while providing guidance to other team members
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Experience building APIs and fetching data from REST APIs.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python, SQL and AWS technologies.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality.
Technology experience :
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL/ Postgres/ Oracle/ Aurora, MongoDB, etc.
- AWS cloud services (and/or Google cloud /Azure): VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, API G/W, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda functions, AWS security tooling, etc
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Kafka, etc.
- CI/CD: preferably Terraform , Atlantis
Good to have
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
- Elastic Search, Kibana
- Container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in working in a team environment with a documented software development process; within an Agile methodology like Scrum.
- Good Presentation Skills and Story Telling skills
Who you'll work with:
- The CX CSI, part of the CX AIOPs seeks a highly motivated Analytics Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing Insights for all of the CX Leadership. You’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative fun team who's passionate about building and delivering insightful usable metrics. This is a critical role that requires us to work with various other Teams within CX.
- #WeAreCisco, where each person is unrivaled, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
- But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
- So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.