CPXE Senior UI Engineer with a Passion for UX
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who We Are
At CX Application Engineering we are working on Cisco's world-class product to connect all of Cisco's offerings through one cloud-based customer portal. We will be enabling our partners and customers to see how their Cisco products are working for them, how they can increase the value of their purchases, learn about new opportunities, engage with specialists to tackle their specific problems, and more.
What You'll Do
You will build the "front door" for the entire CX Cloud Platform, crafting amazing user experiences for Cisco's customers by building new features and implementing simple and elegant solutions that balance current needs while keeping an eye on the future. As a member of the CX Application team, you will constantly grow and work with your team to deliver innovative, secure, and robust software solutions.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with best-in-class engineers and technical leads on an agile team that owns their outcomes. We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a group that is driving an innovative technical roadmap for next generation applications and cloud services using today's most advanced technologies.
Who You Are
You are a developer with a passion for design. You understand it isn’t about having code that works but having beautifully written code that produces a sophisticated user experience. You might have been born wanting to code or the desire found you later in life; subsequently teaching yourself to code. You love improving the efficiency and quality of code and are driven to learn. Staying on top of fast-moving trends in web development is likely a hobby! While you have quite a bit of knowledge of how things work, you are also humbled by those with different perspectives and the incredible value they add to your work.
What you need to be successful:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of technical mentorship
- Advanced knowledge of Angular, HTML5, CSS, consuming RESTful services
- Hands-on experience developing large-scale web apps and fine tuning them for performance and scalability
- Experience with Cloud Services in one or more platforms; AWS, Azure, Google from a developer perspective
- Working knowledge of accessibility standards
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with UX and Product Management teams across time zones
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- Creativity and flexibility in using various technologies to solve human problems
You may be good at:
- Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, Firebase functions
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Octopus, Azure DevOps
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!