Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)RTP, Richardson, Guadalajara
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
What will you do:
● Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Advanced Services Customers around Cisco’s Data Center products and solutions. Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology trends
● Participates in or leads complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security. Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
● Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts. Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies. Ensure compliance to delivery methodology operational structure, roles & responsibilities. Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer managing specific asks from the customer and managing customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
● Support the PM in resolution of project issues. Track deliverables against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements. Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
● Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success. A high degree of raw analytic horse-power, logical reasoning ability, and curiosity. Be creative with a practical approach and have an intuitive feel for financial consequences of recommendations. This individual will be passionate about their area of expertise and be interested in a specialist track as a long-term career objective. The winning candidate will have a clear record of achievement, a willingness to work hard and perseverance to make things happen
Who you will work with:
The Advance Delivery Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. ADC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theatre teams.
These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures - Borderless Networks, Collaboration, Data Center/Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN and OSS. Through our network of Advance Delivery Centers (ADCs) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, productivity and innovation across the AS organization. ADCs are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local regulations.
Who you are:
• Typically requires university degree equivalent along with 3+ years of experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment
• Any Data Center related certification is a plus (CCNA, CCNP, VCP, etc.)
• Experience in designing, deploying & supporting Cisco solutions required
• Operation and configuration of Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS)
• Knowledge of server virtualization solutions (e.g. VMware vSphere, Microsoft SCVMM, OpenStack, etc.)
• Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.)
• Knowledge of Storage protocols (SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, FCoE, NSF, etc.)
• Knowledge of vertical markets and understanding customer challenges
• Able to demonstrate experience working with large complex projects and strategic account teams.
• Understanding of networking protocols and technologies (STP, VLANs, EhterChannel, vPC, QoS, etc)
• Operation and configuration of Cisco’s SAN switches (e.g. Nexus, MDS switches)
• Operation and configuration of data storage equipment (e.g. NetApp, EMC, etc.)
• Knowledge of business applications (e.g. SAP, MS Exchange, etc.)
• Experience in scripting languages (PS,Python,JS,Shell) is a plus
• Work experience with European customers being onsite in Europe a definite plus.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.