CONSULTING ENGINEER - Service Provider- Mexico City
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
The Business Entity
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) team seeks Consulting Engineers to join some of the industry’s best thinkers in developing and deploying today’s most Advanced Service Provider networking technologies.
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of the wide variety of Cisco products and technologies; from Core Service Provider routing and Switching to Integration with Cisco automation, orchestration suites in Service Provider core, aggregation, and access.. You will learn how to achieve customer success by combining these technologies with industry-leading tools and Processes.
Role & Responsibilities
You will perform analysis and diagnosis of complex IP/MPLS network which involved routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), IPv6, Inter-AS routing, QoS, VPN, Layer 2 switching, VLAN, Segment Routing etc
You will also build simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
Lead design workshop and conduct detailed design IP MPLS networks for green field as well as Migration of existing production network to new network.
- You will interpret client needs, assess the full requirements, and identify suitable solutions.
- You will input to cost/timescale solutions/options and manage expectations as appropriate with the customer.
- You will support on the service delivery and network solution implementation.
- You will provide support and troubleshooting service for the network infrastructure related incidents and problems.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a technical field, such as Computer Science, Computer Networking, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field.
- You have a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- You have 3-8 years’ experience in technical consulting, design, deployment and troubleshooting
- Experience of working on Cisco SP high end routers (ASR9K, CRS, ASR907, 920). Familiar with the following technology: IOS-XR, IOS-XE, IGP/EGP routing protocols, MPLS, RSVP-TE, LDP, MP-BGP, L2/L3VPN, MVPN, high availability, network/device security, NetFlow, QoS, IP SLA, network management, NFV.
- Experience in NCS5K, NCS6K, Segment Routing and Integration with Software Orchestration such as: WAE, XTC and NSO is a plus
- Knowledge of one computer languages and programming (Java, Python, XML, RESTAPI) frameworks desirable
- Possess problem-solving and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Analytically high-energy with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze massive datasets
- Effortlessly simplifies, communicates, and educates customers about complex data and processes
- Disseminates significant amounts of information with attention to detail, authority, and accuracy
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience in building and designing large multi-protocol inter-networks
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.