Employee Relations Manager
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Cisco's APJC Employee Relations is looking for an experienced, creative, collaborative Employee Relations professional in China.
What you'll do
* You provide consultancy to HR and to the business on organization impact of people strategies - additionally you help business accelerate performance by advising them every step of the way on their employees' performance through practical workplace ER solutions within overall company frameworks.
* You are the advocate for the company and the employee, finely balancing business' needs/ employee issues with employment legal risks while upholding Cisco's people deal, policies and fairness.
* You are comfortable working with ambiguity; innovate and accelerate to ensure fair resolution.
* You collaborate and partner with HR to identify ER priorities and successfully lead implementation fo country led ER initiatives.
* You co lead/partner on global and regional ER projects and programs .
* You contribute to improvements in employment policies and guidelines, and advise HR on implications of changing employment legislation and industry practice
* You endeavor to reduce instances of ER cases through proactive identification of issues and working to address those with ER initiatives and programs.
* You participate in designing and delivering longer-term strategic employee relations projects, as well as delivering operational excellence.
Who you'll work with
* A small but mighty, skilled and cohesive SME team that handles ER related issues and helps mitigate employment related risks for Cisco.
* The ER team is spread across APJC and interfaces with business, HR teams, Practices and other key stakeholders such as global ER, employment legal counsel, Legal, Safety and Security teams.
What You Are
You have 10+ years of Employee Relations experience working in matrixed, complex, constantly changing and progressive HR environment; advising and guiding business and HR on ER matters.
* You exhibit good practical understanding of local employment regulations or acumen to grasp such concepts to resolve employee relations issues and provide resourceful and innovative solutions .
* You are tactful, have a high degree of emotional intelligence and help enable difficult conversations in a respectful manner while ensuring adherence to Cisco values
* You focus on the bigger picture in order to deliver against ER priorities with a positive, can-do and pragmatic approach to challenges and complexity.
* You have the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
*You have good business acumen and are able to capably grasp and manage a variety of ER issues.
* You have exceptional attention to detail and good follow through.
* You exhibit a high degree of empathy balanced against the ability to provide direct feedback and have difficult conversations across all levels.
As part of this team, success in the role will be defined by the following critical skills:
* Judgement and balance in arriving at decisions and solutions for ER issues
* Communication and Influence on key stakeholders
* Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively at all levels
* Ability to construct logical, credible arguments that will persuade decision makers
* Exceptional relationship management skills in a matrizxed and cross functional environment.