Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Cisco's APJC Employee Relations is looking for a guide, creative, and communal Employee Relations professional in Bangalore, India
What you'll do
- You provide consultancy to HR and to the business on organization impact of people strategies - additionally you help business accelerate performance by advising them every step of the way on their employees' performance through practical workplace Employee relations solutions within overall company frameworks.
- You are the advocate for the company and the employee, finely stabilizing business' needs/ employee issues with employment legal risks while upholding Cisco's people deal, policies and fairness.
- You are comfortable working with ambiguity; innovate and accelerate to ensure fair resolution.
- You collaborate and partner with HR to identify Employee relations priorities and successfully lead implementation for country
- You co lead/partner on global and regional Employee relations projects and programs
- You chip in to improvements in employment policies and guidelines, and advise HR on implications of changing employment legislation and industry practice
- You seek to reduce instances of employee relations cases through dedicated identification of issues and working to address those with Employee relations initiatives and programs.
- You participate in crafting and delivering longer-term strategic employee relations projects, as well as delivering operational excellence.
Who you'll work with
- A small but mighty, skilled and cohesive SME team that handles Employee relations related issues and helps mitigate employment related risks for Cisco.
- The Employee relations team is spread across APJC and works with business, Human resource teams, Practices and other key partners such as global Employee relations employment legal counsel, Legal, Safety and Security teams.
Who You Are
You have 10+ years of Employee Relations experience working in matrixed, complex, constantly changing and dynamic HR environment; advising and guiding business and Human resource on Employee relations matters.
You exhibit good practical understanding of local employment regulations or acumen to grasp such concepts to resolve employee relations issues and provide inventive and creative solutions.
You are thoughtful, have an exceptional level of emotional intelligence and help enable difficult conversations in a friendly manner while ensuring adherence to Cisco values
You focus on the bigger picture in order to deliver against Employee relations priorities with a positive, can-do and pragmatic approach to challenges and complexity.
You can handle multiple priorities at the same time.
You have good business understanding and are able to capably grasp and handle a variety of Employee relations issues.
You have excellent attention to detail and good follow through.
You exhibit a high degree of compassion equitable against the ability to provide direct feedback and have difficult conversations across all levels.
As part of this team, your success in the role will be defined by the measure of your:
Judgement and balance in arriving at decisions and solutions for Employee relations issues
Communication and Influence on key partners
Ability to establish trust and communicate effectively at all levels
Ability to construct logical, credible arguments that will persuade decision makers
Excellent relationship management skills in a matrixed and cross functional environment.
At Cisco, each person brings their unusual talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from modern Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco