CMS Proactive Problem Manager - Route & Switch
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
- Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
- Follow and participate in the improvement of established team processes
- Identify and adhere to cost reduction measures
- Accountable for following established team processes
- Understand ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change & Problem Management)
- Collaborate with peers and cross-functional teams
- Maintaining the knowledge required to perform a role effectively
- Participate in regular synch ups
- Actively share/develop innovation and automation for continued improvement
Specific to the role of Proactive Problem Manager, responsibilities may include:
- Proactive analysis with Data-Focus
- Design, create and implement Proactive Health Checks IAW customer requirements and CMS standards
- Predictive Problem Management - Conduct Data Analysis and advise support team and customer of anticipated future problems proactively
- Data Analytics - Identify incident trends, drive the reduction of incidents by analyzing monthly alarm and ticket data, investigating and resolving problems
- Provide Customer and Technology analysis and reporting
- Investigate and drive optimization opportunities related to Ticket Enrichment Automation
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Automated and Manual Proactive Checks
- Work closely with the team Operations Manager and Incident Manager to assist with creation and CSI for Problem Management related processes
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and training to less experienced engineers.
Who You’ll Work With
The CX Managed Services team provides second/third level technical support for solutions and cloud enabled end point products on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams along with collaborating with other TAC engineers to resolve issues.
Who You Are
You are oriented to detail and organized. You work well with others and are truly a team player. Drawing conclusions from multiple data points is in your DNA. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are able to see the big picture even when analyzing multiple complex factors under pressure. You have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of Problem Management.
AA/BA in a technical field plus 5-10 years of experience in a Network Operations Centre or Technical Assistance Centre
Technical experience to include Cisco Route and Switch (CCNP level), API coding skills, Phyton scripting (i.e. Coral), Splunk/Data Analysis knowledge and experience
2-5 years’ in a Problem Management role
CCIE level knowledge from Cisco Route and Switch scope, DevNet certification and experience with API coding, Splunk advanced search and reporting, and Splunk for analytics and data science certifications. Machine Learning(ML) experience or understanding of related ML algorithms.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!