CMS Carrier Manager
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who You'll Work With
Cisco CX CMS Carrier Manager function ensures that CMS’s Incident management team has all crucial data related to Carriers to lead Carrier related incidents. Carrier Manager works with internal and customer leadership to ensure the information and carrier relationship are managed in the best efficient way.
Carrier Manager is supported by a group of Engineers known as Carrier Network Engineer team. CNE’s play a crucial role in ensuring WAN links are restored timely by monitoring, troubleshooting and collaborating with carriers. Carrier Manager is a strong cross functional leader who will ensure customer WAN Network is always Up and running.
Carrier Management function requires round the clock coordination and is a cross cultural function.
What You'll Do
- Leading Team of Carrier Network Engineers (CNEs) to ensure carrier engaged tickets are worked and WAN circuits are restored as per SLA
- Build and retain Top class technical talent for CNE team
- Publish loss of WAN redundancy Reports and update on a regular(weekly/Daily/Monthly)
- Developing process to address all Carrier related activities such as Carrier Maintenance, Engagement, Service Improvement etc.
- Analyzing and identifying recurring issues and working with carriers towards a permanent fix
- Participating in weekly CNE review calls with Operations Manager
- Keep the Circuit ID database updated and Work with Customers or Carriers to ensure missing circuits are updated
- Drive Technical projects like Circuit ID streamlining, Contribution to Availability and Capacity dashboards
- Develop WAN Availability and Capacity Management Process
- Improve efficiency and reduce Human errors via Automation Initiatives
- Ensure timely communications are sent to key internal and customer partners for Critical sites and resolution comms should be out sent once the issue is resolved
- Responsible for sharing of RFO from Carriers on the critical sites
- Drive Continual Service Improvement activities (CSIP) with Carriers across the globe
- Measure and ensure Carriers are honoring the committed SLAs and share reports to Cisco and Customer leadership team
- Collaborate and liaison with Cisco and Customer Project Teams to drive Technical Projects related to Carrier Management functions
- Represent CMS to the Customer Leadership team
- Act as the Face of Customer to the Carriers / ISPs
- Raise the issues with Carrier Escalation matrix on-time to resolve issues
- Build strong relationship with Customers, Carriers and Internal partners
- Participate in carrier monthly/weekly/daily review calls and update the carrier score card
- Carrier Managers with the help of CNE’s will identify Circuits with reoccurring issues and work with carriers to fix them. He / She also will work with CMS Tech Leads and Problem Managers to ensure recurring issues are fixed permanently.
Who You Are
- CCNA or CCNP level Knowledge
- ITIL V4 Certification
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication
- Team Leader and Team Player
- Cross Functional Leader
- PMP or Agile Certified
- People Leadership Skills
- Prior knowledge of Service Delivery or Carrier Engagement is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!