CGEM EMEAR System Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Due to the current COVID-19 health crisis, the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place and other practical difficulties associated with international travel, we are currently unable to extend offers to anyone who is not currently working/living in Singapore or whom we judge is unlikely to be able to start work for us in Singapore on our desired start date. Consequently, until further notice we will be prioritizing candidates who are in this location and whom we believe can start employment as expected in this location on our desired date. We're keeping the situation under review and we will adjust our position as relevant circumstances change.
What You'll Do
- The Account Systems Engineer is a customer-focused technical sales professional who provides high-level technical support and guidance to customers. He/she collaborates with the Account Manager to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
- Provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can leverage his / her technical specialisation for specific opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of an overall account plan and a technical account plan
- Proactively generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education.
- Qualify Opportunities
- Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Help plan for and move deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as CSE, SE, PSS, AS Engineers, etc.)
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Research and demonstrate solution ROI
- Coordinate solution development, including leveraging replicable architectures and researching customised solutions
- Develop proof of concept, including presentation and documentation of test results
- Develop or oversee development of presentation materials
- Present technical components of Cisco solutions to customer
- Competencies & Behaviors
- Business Acumen
- Learn a broad-level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value.
- Build relationships both within and outside of Cisco; establish credibility quickly through personal self-confidence.
Who You'll Work With
- You will act in an increasingly consultative fashion and are looked to as an expert, or trusted technical advisor, in your field by the account team and customer. You will engage customers face-to-face or via collaborative tools and technology such as WebEx, Telepresence, etc.
- As part of Cisco’s Country Global Enterprise Model for EMEA, it will be necessary to work cross-functionally with various members of the Headquarters Team. This will ensure alignment with the global account strategy and consistent local implementation.
Who You Are
- 5+ years related experience.
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
- Pre-Sales experience highly recommended.
- Possess BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- CCNP or CCDP Certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of the customer business model and common financial pain points; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective
- Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform
- Possess Technical Acumen
- Understand networking industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Understand the competitive product and solution landscape
- Advanced knowledge in Routing & Switching
- Advanced knowledge in Networking Platform Design
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including the ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
- Able to proactively share information about common replicable architectures that are most appropriate for assigned customers
- An in-depth knowledge of your specialisation and adjacent technologies including product, technology, and competitive information.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!