Business Systems Development, Manager
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco Meraki is searching for a Business Systems Developer Manager to join our Operations team in San Francisco! As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. We also understand on a personal level, by simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Are you ready to join the team?
At Meraki we’re growing fast, taking orders 24/7 and shipping them all over the world. The tiniest hitch in that process can cost us an incalculable amount in dollars and man-hours. That’s where you come in. As the leader of our BizDev team, you will identify those time-consuming internal processes and build solutions to them that are reliable, stable, and scalable enough for our international operations. You love the challenge of leading such a critical part of our business, and you are ready to take the leap.
You’ll be taking over the existing team of two Business Systems Developer, to provide leadership and direction as we improve, develop, and maintain the processes that form Meraki’s backbone. You are passionate about helping employees grow, and are excited to help our team operate smoothly.
- Lead and provide leadership to a small but growing team of system developers
- Lead project schedules and ensure timely launches of new functionality
- Work with a small team of managers to prioritize projects and ensure conflicting prioritizations meet business requirements
- Always work to continuously improve Operations business process for Operations and Finance
- Ability to mentor and train developers using Ruby, Java, XML, webMethods, APIs, and more
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of:
- Management experience directing a team of developers
- Post-collegiate programming experience with Java or Ruby (extensive experience with both strongly preferred)
- Experience with ERP systems (Microsoft GP experience gets bonus points)
- At least 1 year experience with:
- Integration software (we use webMethods)
- Application APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Sufficient proficiency in SQL and XML to maintain a pre-existing database.
Nice To Have:
- Sysadmin and performance tuning skills.
- Real passion for improving existing home-brewed tools and programs to make life easier for everyone.
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.