Business Systems Analyst / Data Analyst Intern - Bachelors or Masters - UK
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Start: Early July 2022 / Duration: 1 year
Location: Bedfont Lakes, , UK
Due to Covid-19 there is the possibility of the program starting virtually.
We at Cisco, are looking for an Intern Business Analyst and Data Analyst to join our Digital Data Team, to turn data about our digital experience into business insights.
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new Interns all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
As part of the team you can expect to;
- Turn data into the information that will take on business problems
- Develop data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting in Tableau (or a similar reporting tool)
- Use advanced analytics tools such as R and Pandas
- Conduct exploratory data analysis
- Work in an agile manner
Overall, you will be working in a larger global organization that is dedicated to and passionate about the experience of IT services delivered to our employees in Cisco
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree that provides dedicated modules for math or scientific study (penultimate year).
- A real curiosity for how things work and how they can be improved.
- Mindset that focuses on reaching core of problems; not just the first issue encountered
- A passion for- and a commitment to lifelong learning – a willingness to invest time in training and developing your skills
What we offer
At Cisco, we strongly believe in the wellbeing of our employees and work life balance and our benefits package is designed to reflect this.
- Annual Leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Access to Cisco’s onsite office facilities including;
- Free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office
- Starbucks Coffee bar
- Access to a large canteen
- Massage chairs & nap pods
- An onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers (at an additional cost)
- At Cisco, we encourage a culture of giving back to the community, and you will be invited to participate in giving back events organised either by the IT team or the Bedfont Lakes campus CSR team.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application - Hiring Team Video Interview – Virtual Cisco Day.
- You must be able to legally live and work in the UK without visa support or sponsorship.
Why you will love Cisco:
At Cisco we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
In Cisco IT we are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this we like to have fun and have regular team events.
- Marianna Pittokopiti: The First Two Months
- Daniel Cookson, Aliyah Butt & Alex Naggar: Early Life at Cisco
- Emily Cousins and Paige Chasty wrote a blog check it out here.
- Search LinkedIn for #CiscoQuaranterns for life as an Intern during the pandemic.
- There is a good video here
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!