Business Systems Analyst – Distribution Finance
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst that wants to apply & grow their technical and functional skills as they plan, define, design, and implement Distribution Finance IT Transformation for our clients in the Distribution Sales and Finance organizations. You would play a critical role in the team, defining business processes & User Experience for, and guiding the tactical execution of our development teams. Responsibilities would include:
• Engaging with business sponsors, business architects, operational teams and domain specialists to operationalize new Distribution Finance IT programs
• Analyzing complex business problems and collaborating with Technical Architects and Development Leads to define and document current and future state capabilities and features
• Understand impact of requirements to business processes and technical ecosystem, build and maintain user stories and solution blueprints
• Working with multi-functional teams to explore inbound & outbound integrations by creating logical models and data flows. Having prior experience in working with enterprise level data & metrics is preferable
• Identifying and resolving operational issues raised by users about Distributor Inventory, Bookings, Point of Sale and Claims data by investigating the underlying data structures and reports
• Drive critical System Re-architecture to simplify the business process.
• Conducting post-project evaluations to find areas of improvement and growth.
• Helping to manage risks, issues, and dependencies across multiple teams, and reporting status to managers and business partners
• Communicate business requirements to technical and non-technical team members
• Balance multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication
Who You'll Work With
The DES organization is passionate about technology not just to be innovative, but we transform innovation into value for Cisco. We are responsible for delivering world-class capabilities that enable Cisco sellers and partners to transform customer engagement and the buying experience. We are poised to take an established business to the next level, by anticipating customer needs. Our customers are not just industry leaders but are redefining the world through the empowerment of technology - with Cisco by their side.
On a daily & weekly basis you will interact with key business partners in Distribution Finance related Sales, Finance, Business Operations, and teams support the 2 tire Partner business. You will align the work you're doing with the Project Team and major multi-functional programs related System Architecture Modernization, Business process Improvements, User Experience. In addition, you will work with the Business and Technical Architecture Groups, Upstream/Downstream Teams, Development Team leads, Business System Analysts, Release Train Engineers and Leads from Enterprise Release Management Office along with operational leaders responsible for Distribution Sales & Finance Operations
Who You Are
A hardworking and experienced professional who enjoys digging into complicated problems and exploring details of technical implementations. Someone who has a clear passion for solving functional challenges using technology and thrives in bringing transparency to ambiguous situations. A standout colleague capable of influencing within and outside of the team, as well as being an agent for change and transformation. Someone with an ability to take the lead in developing business solutions and clearly communicate complex concepts. Our minimum requirements are as follows:
• 6+ years of professional experience as an IT/ Business Analyst or other techno-functional role
• Demonstrable understanding of Cisco’s 2 Tire Distribution Business
• Excellent verbal, written communication and client management skills
• Have a strong urge towards user centric design to provide the best user experience for the end users
• Familiarity with Oracle, MongoDB, Kafka, Java, Microservices based Software Development.
• Able to display good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experienced in Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
• Understanding of software development lifecycles and tools, including design and operations
• Ability to establish relationships with global colleagues
• Lead and maintain an agile partnership between business, operations, and IT
• Experienced in facilitating estimation sessions and value driven decision making
• Proficiency in understanding business functional areas, processes and data related to Distribution, and the ability to cleanly articulate them to others
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!