Business Systems Analyst / Data Analyst Graduate - UK
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Start Date: Early September 2022
Location: , United Kingdom, under normal circumstances.
Due to Covid-19 there is the possibility of the program starting virtually.
We at Cisco are looking for a Data Analyst/ Business Analyst to turn data about our digital experience into business insights.
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join together with a team of highly skilled empathetic and collaborative professionals and get the opportunity to increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Overall, our job is to make other people’s lives easier – by simplifying our internal IT experience so that people spend less time ordering – and more time doing.
As part of this, we will ask you to do things such as
- Talk to our users to find ways to make applications easier and more intuitive for them.
- Understand people’s roles and working styles so we can recommend tools to make their job easier.
- Design integrations to cut out needless manual work and form-filling.
- Analyze data to see where processes can be made easier, faster and more reliable.
This role might be right for you if you are -
- Working towards or have a degree that provides dedicated modules for maths, information technology or scientific study; equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Curious about how things work and how they can be improved.
- A good listener who can get to the heart of what people really need, not just what they tell us is the solution.
- Able to use data to understand how a process is working or where it is going wrong.
- Comfortable explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences and vice versa – if you can explain complex parts of your degree to a friend on a completely different course, that’s what we need.
- Passionate about and committed to lifelong learning – willing to invest time in training and developing your skills.
What we offer
At Cisco, we truly believe in the well-being of our employees and work-life balance, and our benefits package is designed to reflect this. On top of your remuneration package, you may be entitled to receive these Benefits & Perks as part of our People Deal and benefits package. (May vary by location.)
Other onsite office facilities including; free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office, access to the ‘IT Nest Zone’ with gaming facilities, Starbucks Coffee bar, massage chairs, nap pods, an onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application - Hiring Team Video Interview – Virtual Cisco Day.
Why you will love Cisco:
At Cisco, we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
In Cisco IT we are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this we like to have fun and have regular team events.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco
- Marianna Pittokopiti: The First Two Months
- Daniel Cookson, Aliyah Butt & Alex Naggar: Early Life at Cisco
- Emily Cousins and Paige Chasty wrote a blog check it out here.
- Search LinkedIn for #CiscoQuaranterns for life as an Intern during the pandemic.
- There is a good video here.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!