Business Strategy & Operations Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Business Strategy Manager
You will be responsible for driving business strategy and analytics to support the Mass Infrastructure Group business, developing a data-driven culture and enabling the organization to make informed decisions through qualitative and quantitative data. This role will work with Product Management, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and other teams to develop and deliver valuable intelligence and strategy insights. This candidate should be motivated, agile, with strong time management, project management, technical, and analytical skills and have a proven record of working complex and cross-functional business intelligence & strategy projects to their completion.
Who you'll work with
You will be part of a team in Cisco's Mass Infrastructure Group, which focuses on developing high-performance routing hardware and software networking solutions.
Who you are
- Build, develop and maintain highly collaborative and working relationships with multiple teams across the business to understand available data and identify growth opportunities for the business
- Lead annual and long-range planning, gather critical business metrics data across the business and the company and build business cases for various opportunities
- Actively partner in running projects involving others and continue to develop a solid foundation in business intelligence and operations
- Interpret results, conclude actionable recommendations and communicate them effectively to executive stakeholders
- Analytical problem solving – analysis available information, use relevant data to identify trends, offers practical and effective solutions to simple and complex problems
- Technical strength - demonstrate technical depth, problem solving, adaptability, and curiosity
- Cross-functional collaboration – ability to manage and drive cross-functional teams, seek support for collaborative activities from managers and peers, possess strong organizational skills
- Communication – clear communication skills both written and verbal, with both technical and non-technical teams, superb data visualization skills
- Business acumen – understand the data models from a business perspective to recommend improved, strategic and sustainable data capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Economics or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS) in business, engineering management or related field preferred
- 4-6 years minimum work experience in Business Intelligence, Business Operations, Strategy, Product Management or Consulting
- Superb knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and MS Office.
- Understanding of SQL, visualization tools (Tableau) as well as statistical packages (R, SAS, Python) is a bonus