Business Solutions Architect
Location:Mason, Ohio, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, and we enjoy having fun. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What you'll do
We are passionate about working with global enterprise customers to develop, design and articulate network solutions.
You have an understanding of Cisco’s solutions and you will focus on developing solutions that allow our customers to implement a consistent policy framework across major network boundaries/domains and drive solutions
- You will lead strategic technology planning and identify business challenges and technology solutions.
- You will lead technical resources within an account, including alignment of individual opportunities with overall account plan and architectural blueprint.
- You will define high level solution options and articulate the pros and cons of a Cisco solution in solving a business problem.
- You will prepare account teams with solution overviews and competitive threats.
- You will engage in deals with strategic customers developing differentiated offerings including Cisco services.
- You will be a senior customer-focused architectural sales professional with knowledge of customer business drivers and the ability to translate their business roadmap.
- You will act as a trusted advisor in an account(s) and work with the extended team and account leadership to demonstrate the business value of Cisco solutions, architectures, and services by aligning opportunities with a 3-5 year architectural vision.
Who You'll Work With:
Customer Relationships and Leading Innovation - We build strong customer relationships inside and outside of IT that challenge them to see their business differently. Building Winning Capability within Cisco - Focusing on contributing to Cisco through the sharing of methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent.
You will partner with senior client leadership teams to provide a vision for the account team in terms of technology focus and relationship development. We work with Cisco field account managers, systems engineers and partners.
Who you are:
- You will have strong business acumen, consulting, and entrepreneurial skills.
- You will understand customer business needs and how they can be enhanced with technology.
- You will have a level of comfort communicating across all functions within Cisco, as well as with customers and partners.
- You have a deep technical product/solutions expertise in Core Cisco Technologies and you know how to perform in-depth and high-level technical and sales presentations.
- You have the strong ability to influence internal and external resources and to collaborate with multiple account sellers.
- You participate in Integrated Account Planning and have the ability to provide strategic vision and technology direction.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- BA/BS preferred and MBA or Advanced Degree is a plus You have at least 8 years of networking experience and 4 years of field experience working with named accounts as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skill and the validated ability to understand complex technical and selling situations.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.