Business Solutions Architect, Service Provider
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestService Provider
Cisco seeks an experienced Business Solutions Architect to drive sales opportunity at a Tier 1 Service Provider to help them in redefining their network architectures, by utilizing Cisco's world-class products, technologies and solutions.
At Cisco we aim to empower our Service Provider customers to drive profitable business outcomes, crafting many growth opportunities through innovation. We have enabled Service Providers to transform the experience and transform their business and architectures with open and flexible solutions. We use our assets to tackle our Service Provider’s critical challenges. In this role you will have chance to lead market transitions in your customer.
What You'll Do
You have a highly customer facing role and will conduct cross-domain architecture presentations, showcase Cisco products and solutions, and explain value proposition, features and benefits to customers. You will form relationships with our customer’s key decision-makers and Executives, positioning Cisco solutions aligned precisely to their requirements. As an advisor to the customer, you will craft End-to-End architectures and configure products to meet their specific needs. You will gain access to and focus on a wide palette of the Cisco Service Provider Network Portfolio: Routing, Cloud Computing, Optical, Mobility and Automation/Orchestration. In addition to having a solid technical background you will need the potential to learn and keep up to date on networking and software enablement, API’s and Network Programmability. You will position the links between 5G Transport and automation requirements, and the associated benefits of layer convergence. You will work with a variety of technologies and will therefore need strong team working and consultative skills and capacities to demonstrate technical solutions and capabilities effectively and conduct Proof-of-Concept (PoC) tests.
Your interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion, energy, tenacity and confidence to work across all Cisco Products. You should possess and build strong Business Unit relationships, and be able to successfully navigate through Cisco's business groups (Services, Marketing, Architecture and Development Teams). You will also provide a business angle to appropriately drive the technical/architecture strategy.
Who You’ll Work With
In this dynamic, customer facing role, you will partner directly with Account Manager, Systems Engineer, Technical Solution Architect, and an extended team to position sophisticated software and hardware solutions, focused on solving the business and technical problems of our customer. In that capacity you will be part of a Regional team serving the customer with close support of your sales leadership/executives.
Who You Are
This is an ideal position for someone who has a proven track record in Service Provider sales and specifically SP experience, where building and stepping up high performance sales strategies in a fast-paced technology environment comes naturally.
You should excel in presenting End-to-End technical architectures, solutions and products to key decision-makers from Managers to Directors and above. She or he should be comfortable presenting to both small and large audiences.
• 15+ years-related experience in Service Provider industry
• Cisco product experience or meaningful experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
• Pre-Sales experience highly recommended.
• Be creative, highly proactive, determined, and flexible in driving demand and pipeline
• Understand customer business drivers and how to map our solutions to a customer network platform
• Can foster and has fostered long-term, trusted relationships with SP customers
• Understand networking industry, including keeping updated on products and solutions.
• Advanced knowledge in Routing, Access, Mobility, Automation, Orchestration, Data Centre Technologies
• Knowledge in Software Defined Networking and Programmability
• Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
• Ability to work effectively in a remote environment, contribute as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team
• Good written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and technical/non-technical presentation skills for different audiences