Business Solutions Architect, SP as an Enterprise, Japan
Location:Tokyo, Kanto, Japan
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestService Provider
Business Solutions Architect
The Cisco Business Solutions Architect (BSA) is a key role within the Asia Pacific & Japan Service Provider (SP) as an Enterprise team. The BSA will be responsible for driving IT Transformational engagements across our Premium and select Key SP accounts - working closely with Account, Specialist, Customer Experience and Partner teams to support Cisco’s business objectives.
• Strong business acumen, consulting and entrepreneurial skills
• Leads strategic technology planning to support customer
• Identifies & maps business challenges and provides solutions
• Develops greater understanding of industry trends over time and grade level
• Works with account teams to translate business roadmap
Specialization & Focus
· Deep knowledge and understanding of Business Architecture process.
· Strong knowledge of broad Cisco portfolio and industry technology trends
· Customer Engagement & Accountability
· >50% in direct contact with customer and interacting with IT, LOB, CXOs, & decision makers
· 25-50% of time building awareness of Cisco solutions
· Customer intimacy level: High
· Longer-term vision, typically exceeding 12-months
· Serves as the strategic technology plan lead for an account (or set of accounts)
· Interfaces with both customer Line-of-Business executives & IT executives, aids in bridging the communications gap within an account.
· Primary Influencer
· The Internal Sales Process
· Leverages Business Architecture knowledge and process to identify customer business challenges and needs
· Involved in customer or market strategic planning
· Corporate Interlock
· Up to 15% of time giving feedback on customer consumption models and customer technology trends
· May collaborate with BEs on co-development
· Leverages Business Architecture tools and process such as customer journey maps and business model canvas
· Understands customer business needs and how they can be enhanced with technology
· Work with customer on technology roadmaps
· Serves as a Business Architecture and industry expert
· Success Measurements
· Increased pipeline and revenue by customer
· Displace a competitor/increased market share
· Long term strategic customer relationships
Qualifications, Experience, Technical & Business Acumen
• 6-8 years of networking experience and 4 years of field experience working with named accounts as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
• 2 years working with a strategic account
• Translates customer's business and market drivers, with customer's business needs into strategic (long term) technical architecture to solve business problems.
• Understands and is able to effectively map business drivers, outcomes and capabilities to technology solutions.
• Leads technical strategy or jointly leads account strategy in partnership with Senior Account management and SE leadership.
• Provides mentorship to account team sharing technical and architectural knowledge. Ability to decompose complex technical situations to determine high-level customer requirements
• Knowledge of technology trends and where the market is headed