Business Solution Architect - Canberra
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You'll Do
In this role as the Defence Business Solutions Architect you are the senior technologist that works with customers, partners, client executives and sales engineering leadership to develop strategies that deliver outcomes based on a deep understanding of Defence’s priorities and relevant technology.
You are a technical customer-facing leader, business minded, passionate technologist, who accelerates innovation and outcomes by driving digital strategy and technology planning for customers and partners. You act as the trusted advisor and work on strategic accounts to prove the business value of Cisco solutions and services.
You have the skills, know-how and tools to drive business innovation with speed, impact, and scale. This position provides the opportunity to:
- Build relationships to communicate customised Cisco messaging at all levels within the account.
- Demonstrate Cisco's strategic direction to articulate the value at all levels within the customer's organisation.
- Use customer strategic direction to influence Cisco product/business unit’s prioritization and direction where vital.
- Align Cisco and Defence’s strategic directions together, including all aspects of on-prem, cloud, and hybrid solutions.
- Selectively engage with Cisco’s similarly focused teams around the globe to share ideas and drive common goals.
- Maintain broad technology breadth and work across product boundaries to build complete solutions, including running communications and deliverables across all the relevant Cisco business units.
- Conduct research into advanced topics significant to the customer and nurture relationships with subject matter guides inside and outside of Cisco, as required.
- Capture new budgets allocated to digital transformation by telling a story and crafting a business case that all key stakeholders understand.
- Deliver highly-rated sessions at Cisco Live, Cisco Engage, Industry Events, and other various internal/external events.
Who You'll Work With
This role is within our ANZ Systems Engineering and Defence client teams. The primary role of your teams is to work closely with Defence and partnered organisations toward better technology-driven outcomes for Defence, aligned to their priorities and in-line with their values. You will be collaborating with a dedicated high-energy and high-performance sales and services team to help the customer succeed in their digital transformation.
Who You Are
Passionate and driven technology professional with 8+ years of experience and at least 4 years of field experience working with large customers in a technical sales capacity, preferably with some form of leadership responsibility. Such experience includes leading large technical initiatives from the sales motion through to implementation. The more cross-product/cross-technology experience, the better. Direct experience with Defence is a clear advantage.
Leadership in this context means maintaining the key technical relationships with the customer to assist them in understanding current Cisco capabilities and how to best leverage them to meet their mission requirements. Comfort working with an account's senior management is a requirement. Given the technical nature of the accounts, the ability to flex between business and technical discussion, even in the executive conversation, is expected.
Leadership also faces internally toward Cisco. The BSA role has a strong ability in developing business cases around technology and can lead the discussion and action plan in concert with Cisco business unit leadership. Ultimately, the deliverable is a multi-year technical vision agreed upon by the customer and Cisco.
Our requirements for this role are:
- BS/BA (Electrical Engineering/Computer Science preferred) or equivalent.
- 10+ years' experience in markets where Cisco contends.
- CCIE certification, Relevant Australian Government Security Clearances desirable, the ability to achieve them mandatory and working knowledge of public cloud offerings is highly desirable.
- You are able to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's social, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis preferred
- Knowledgeable with respect to architectural trends and industry directions.
- Worked closely with customers and partners within Australian Government, preferably Australian Defence Force.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!