Business Process Analyst (Intern) - India UHR
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Job Role: Business Process Analyst
We are Innovators
We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational quality.
We are Accelerators
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and success.
We are Transformers
As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first with agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes for our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Analyzes complex business problems, leveraging business and technical expertise to deliver business outcomes.
- Engages with business stakeholders and cross-functional teams to understand business requirements to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Provides technical expertise to advise on solutions, including standard products and features to address business issues and opportunities.
- Defines and maintains architecture standards, to ensure that application portfolio is aligned with business strategy
- Develops business process architecture to onboard new offers, RTM and monetization models
- Responsible for demos as part of the CI/CD process
- Accountable and Responsible for QA / QE activities including but not limited to creating Systems Integration Test cases and Performance Test Cases which are aligned to the Business Requirement Document and User Stories provided by Product Owners.
- Experience delivering complex business solutions and managing business processes and policies
- Possesses general business knowledge (sales, finance, etc.), knowledge of Cisco products, and understanding of IT functions
- Detail oriented and data driven.
- Comfortable with data, process flows, and systems thinking.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Able to combine technical and business considerations in analytical thinking
- Actively contributing to business planning and insights to support decision-making in short, medium and long-term periods
- Knowledge of industry practices and products
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science or Information Science
- Minimum of an 8.0 (out of 10) CGPA or equivalent
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- High levels of customer orientation and service excellence
- Efficient collaboration skills with internal / external customers and cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills, “Can do” attitude, proactive engagement, solutions seeking & team player in global environment
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work capacity
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture enthusiast? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Disclaimer - "Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. The requirement is for 2023/2024 passout only. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens."
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.