Business Operations Manager - Security
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
What You’ll Do:
This role will drive and implement GTM strategy and planning for the Global Virtual Sales Specialist (GVSS) Security sales organization, acting as Chief of Staff for the WW GVSS Security Director and partnering closely with the Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) S&P and Sales Leadership team. The role requires a strategic and forward-looking view with a proven skillset of identifying, developing, implementing and improving business processes and initiatives. You will be shaping the strategy, building & executing operational plans, driving key initiatives that translate into sales growth, and delivering on strategic run the business imperatives. This role requires engagement with GVSE SLT, GVSS SLT, GVSE S&P, HR, Finance and cross-functional organizations.
Role & Responsibilities include:
- Strategy & Planning: Understand Cisco’s Global Virtual Sales Specialists strategy, priorities, and go-to-market plans. Establish & clearly articulate the business; execute growth programs and initiatives; sales incentives; competitive programs; business intelligence to provide strategic insights & spur new programs; fiscal year planning
- Stakeholder engagement: forge strong relationships and partnership with key stakeholders in order to align and accelerate key strategic initiatives and sales execution
- Drive and manage key GTM initiatives and programs
- Sales operations: understand the business functions for our global sales team; forecasting; sales tools & processes; sales coverage models; QBRs; headcount & budget management; business metrics & reporting
- Develop, track and report relevant Key Performance Indicators that are aligned with business priorities
- Various strategic initiatives, get well plans, pilot programs, etc. as required
- Trusted advisor. Be proactive. Challenge the status quo. Execute extremely well
Who You'll Work With:
The successful candidate will work closely with WW GVSS Security Sales Leaders, GSSO S&P and Sales Leaders, Strategy & Planning team members, various worldwide Operations, finance, and other cross-functional organizations.
The GVSE Sales Strategy & Planning team focuses on driving growth, enhancing sales force productivity, and effectively running the business. We drive strategy/planning, operations and enablement initiatives in support of Cisco’s Virtual motion.
We work hard and have fun doing it. We take pride in our work and know our collective success is dependent upon teamwork, both internally and externally. Passion, Integrity, Trust, Leadership, and Execution are our core values.
Who You Are:
You are a dedicated, collaborative, team member with a positive, can-do attitude to get things done. You communicate across all levels of the organization in a clear, concise manner.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 5+ years in a related role (finance, marketing, business ops, others), strategy & planning experience a plus, solid business acumen
- Strong knowledge of Cisco’s sales function; familiar with Cisco's field sales organizations, processes, and go-to-market ... speak the language of the field
- Strategic thinker, analytical in nature, you understand the numbers and are energized by solving problems and are able to translate data into meaningful insights
- Experience with cross-functional influence, collaboration, building relationships and driving success in a matrixed environment
- Strong verbal & written communications skills; ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment where you are empowered to make decisions and drive the business
- Proven experience translating strategy into operational plans and executing
- Curious and flexible, you enjoy variety and are willing to take on different roles/responsibilities as business needs evolve
- A team player. Fun, highly energetic personality. You love a challenge, you've always got your teammate's back, and you're inspired working with others to achieve success
- Tools proficiency: Required: Excel (PivotTables, Vlookups, Sumifs, etc.), PowerPoint (presentation building); Plus but not required: FINBI, SFDC, Cisco Ready
- This is a role with a high level of visibility and influence in the organization
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco