AppD Business Operations Analyst
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
About the Role
As a member of the Data and Insights team, you will play a key role in defining, analyzing and communicating the insights derived from Enterprise and Product data. Your full-stack analyst skills will be put into action across the entire spectrum i.e. from working with the sales, engineering, strategy & pricing, marketing and Data & Insight teams to packaging up the insights for executive-level discussions. Your insights will be of high impact across a variety of orgs. You will help drive future product direction with the product feature usage data you helped mold. You will help improve retention and upsell rates by understanding the correlations between product behavior and stickiness.
- Participate in requirements-gathering sessions, analyze requirements and data needs, and work with end-users in crafting the ideal BI solution to any given business problem.
- Build Tableau dashboards to communicate insights from data.
- Establish relationships with key business partners.
- First-hand use of BI & Visualization tools such as: Tableau, Looker etc.
- Authoritative knowledge of SQL - preferably using Snowflake Relational Database
- Experience with relational and dimensional logical data modeling.
- Working knowledge of Python to wrangle data for pre-processing.
- Authoritative proficiency of model building within Excel
- Minimum of 3 years of meaningful experience in developing algorithms and predictive models to solve business problems (segmentation, pipeline management, user engagement, web analytics, campaign attribution, funnel, and return on investment)
- Excellent Data Visualization and Story Telling Skills using Data
- Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and project management skills, with the ability to lead multiple projects with contending priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills to go along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including experience communicating insights through data with senior-level executives
- Very proactive attitude; can anticipate questions, lead growth conversations with the sales/marketing/product team, and automate answers to routine questions.
Nice to have
- Sales Tracking: Sales Force, Clari and similar tools on opportunity conversion, sales efficiency, sales operations etc.
- Web/Event Tracking: Omniture, Google Analytics, Localytics, MixPanel, and similar tools focusing on adoption growth, conversation rates, A/B testing, click-path, etc.
- Experience with Very Large Data Sets/Statistical Analysis: Stata, R, SPSS, SAS
- BS in Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or Math from a premier university a plus