Business Operation Analyst – Resource Management Team Internship - Krakow, Poland
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Start Date: as soon as you are available
Location: Krakow, Poland (we follow a hybrid work approach)
Length: 1 year (Full time or part time)
Who we are
Global Staffing Team is accountable for identify the best matching resources for the Customer Experience (CX) Professional Services projects. The key role includes managing and orchestrating the staffing process and identifying solutions considering the Work Location Strategy, engineers’ & PMs’ skill, capacity and utilisation rates. Each Staffing Manager collaborates with CX Regional and Centers stakeholders for resource planning. The Staffing Manager leverages resource management tools and multi-level stakeholder engagements to have a Region level view of the demand, capacity plans and available resources to identify optimal staffing solutions and resolve staffing conflicts/arbitrage. Identifies training and hiring needs as well as any optimisation opportunities. Participates in process and tools creation and optimisation.
What you will do
Your main role during the internship will be to provide necessary support to multiple Staffing Managers. Being the link between Engineering, Sales, Delivery, Project Management and other departments identify the best staffing solutions for Cisco Business as well as process and update necessary tools and systems. The desired length of the internship is around 1 year.
You will learn resource management & project management fundamentals, understanding of Cisco technologies and ability to read and interpret technical requirements and documentation, stakeholder management, data analytics.
a) Resource Management
· Support Staffing Managers in identifying, advising and assigning available resources for pre and post- sales project activities based on the Work Location Strategy, resource availability, utilization, technical skills and personal specifications.
· Maintain and effectively leverage the current information source of resource skill sets, capacity, schedules, and delivery restrictions to manage rapid identification and fulfilment of resources.
· Support administrative tasks related to the staffing process in existing tools.
b) Strategy, Planning & Analysis
· Support reporting the key project related data points for future resource optimisation.
· Modify resource needs with the project management based on scheduling and requirements.
· Provide ad hoc data analytics based on requests.
· Identify opportunities for staffing process and tools improvement.
- Fluent English is a basic requirement.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Motivation to learn.
- Any knowledge related to project management, resource management or experience in multinational environment is nice to have.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Data Analitics, Management or IT is a plus.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.